• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

this jerkoff Southwest CEO

myronman3

deez nuts
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2017
Ft. Benning School for Wayward Boys
i dont watch the news other than when the girl turns on the local weather. two times i seen this fucking schmuck piss and moan about "this is unacceptable".

really? and how exactly does this fucking zero think it got that way? these fuckheads seem to think that being CEO means taking the huge salary and sitting on tv refusing to take any responsibility for the clusterfuck that is; as a direct result of his imcompetence. this guy is a complete fucking dud.....just like 90% of his fellow ceo's

He's saying whatever he has to in order to reduce the fines the government is going to levy on the corporation.
I wonder how many pilots, mechanics or whatever were sent packing because they refused the jab? How many employees were laid off during the COVID bullshit that have moved on to other employment or govt subsistence?
Like I said, he's saying whatever he needs to. Stock holders need to be protected and there's more to the storyline. Much of which is not to be discussed. The billions that were dishes out to the airlines during COVID are at stake.
Ask: Why is it only southwest? Are they the only one with flight delays?
This morning on the news they are reporting (and he admits) that it no longer has anything to do with the weather. Their system is now the problem.

He controls the weather?
That fucking bastard

He's saying whatever he has to in order to reduce the fines the government is going to levy on the corporation.
I wonder how many pilots, mechanics or whatever were sent packing because they refused the jab? How many employees were laid off during the COVID bullshit that have moved on to other employment or govt subsistence?
Like I said, he's saying whatever he needs to. Stock holders need to be protected and there's more to the storyline. Much of which is not to be discussed. The billions that were dishes out to the airlines during COVID are at stake.
Ask: Why is it only southwest? Are they the only one with flight delays?
Sorry, I must have mis-interpreted your first post - it made it sound like you were saying it isn't their fault, but the weather's. Your follow-up is pretty much what is actually going on.

I'll pass on the reddit. I am not interested in a bunch of people bitching because they didn't get treated like a queen on a discount airline. Read the ticket. Your flight is cancelled and they to fit you on the next available. When those seats are all sold out you may have to wait. It's been that way for a very long time.
How many planes are down for maintenance? How many mechanics are available to do repairs? How many parts are available for the repairs? How many pilots are available to fly the planes? Did the BOMB CYCLONE contribute to an already stretched schedule?

I don't know all the facts but I ain't going to jump on the bandwagon because the media is putting it in the headlines.
Tin foil time: Now that the stock is tanking how many people are going to buy in at a reduced price for a quick buck when it bounces back next month?

reddit is your friend

seems like their scheduling system is f@#ked
People get pissed when they are stranded and they don't get immediately catered to. They have jobs and whatever to get back to. Maybe even a kid that they left at home when they flew off on a family vacation.

Wife's Southwest flight yesterday to FL was canceled late the night before without any notification. Only way she found out was because she checked online to see if they posted the gate she needed to board at. Not a single flight for the rest of the week. She then could only get credit for canceling her return trip instead of a refund.

Surprised they're not saying the Russians are hacking their system because of Ukraine.

Reactions: myronman3
I'll pass on the reddit. I am not interested in a bunch of people bitching because they didn't get treated like a queen on a discount airline. Read the ticket. Your flight is cancelled and they to fit you on the next available. When those seats are all sold out you may have to wait. It's been that way for a very long time.
How many planes are down for maintenance? How many mechanics are available to do repairs? How many parts are available for the repairs? How many pilots are available to fly the planes? Did the BOMB CYCLONE contribute to an already stretched schedule?

I don't know all the facts but I ain't going to jump on the bandwagon because the media is putting it in the headlines.
Tin foil time: Now that the stock is tanking how many people are going to buy in at a reduced price for a quick buck when it bounces back next month?

People get pissed when they are stranded and they don't get immediately catered to. They have jobs and whatever to get back to. Maybe even a kid that they left at home when they flew off on a family vacation.

that's just it

SW cancelled 2000+ flights per day for the past 3 days straight
- full recovery not expected till next year
- no one is getting notified till after they are already at the airport, and bags checked
- phone system is down, app is down

if you read some of the reddit posts, it's by employees
- even pilots are getting screwed right now

Every airline has been through something like this. It was just their turn. Was it preventable, probably yes but the fixes would have had to have been implemented years ago. It takes a really long time to change and upgrade the software used to run the day to day ops at an airline. The very same people calling for the investigation are the same ones that make it difficult to implement the fixes.

As for the jab comments, I’d be willing to bet not a single pilot at southwest was let go because they refused the jab.

that's just it

SW cancelled 2000+ flights per day for the past 3 days straight
- full recovery not expected till next year
- no one is getting notified till after they are already at the airport, and bags checked
- phone system is down, app is down

if you read some of the reddit posts, it's by employees
- even pilots are getting screwed right now
The flight crews and in flight crews are most of the time the last ones to know what’s going on. When it comes to delays and cancellations the customers often know long before the crew.

Every airline has been through something like this. It was just their turn. Was it preventable, probably yes but the fixes would have had to have been implemented years ago. It takes a really long time to change and upgrade the software used to run the day to day ops at an airline. The very same people calling for the investigation are the same ones that make it difficult to implement the fixes.

As for the jab comments, I’d be willing to bet not a single pilot at southwest was let go because they refused the jab.

there are ways to fix it, even if it means hiring a 3rd party temporarily to bridge the gap

probably the shittiest part is,
no one had the balls to just tell people to book another airline

they just let them show up to the airport, check their bags
delay all flights for 5-10 hours, then cancel the flight.
- looks like people won't be seeing their luggage for about a month

almost like the lockdown vax thing all over again

At least the baggage handlers are doing their jobs correctly. :rolleyes:

They knew BEFORE Christmas and the weather issues. Personnel not showing up for work.

Shareholder value is the ONLY thing that matters to any CEO.

Airports are full of airline employees who are almost universally desperate to do what’s right by their customers but who are completely stymied by an incomprehensible void of management. Dozens of executive vice presidents and not a single leader. Shame.

Reactions: Flintdog2011
First mistake - they chose Southwest.
I avoid that cattlecall of nonsense whenever there is a real airline going. Even with the upgrades & first to board option available it’s a zoo.
It’s a private business so .gov does not need to intervene.
Flight issue? Walk over to another airline, hand them your card and fly home. Bad weather? Grab a hotel and have dinner. Fly home tomorrow.
This is where the weak show themselves - first, they get angry and blame someone. A disease in our society. They chose the $89 option or whatever and when the weather screws it up it’s some kind of injustice? Really?

My brother knew there was going to be a lot of problems. Drive from Los Angeles to kansas city Missouri to be home for Christmas. Has awd so the weather slowed him down, but didn't stop him. He would have been stuck here if he flew.

Branden

Reactions: Herb Stoner
First mistake - they chose Southwest.
I avoid that cattlecall of nonsense whenever there is a real airline going. Even with the upgrades & first to board option available it’s a zoo.
It’s a private business so .gov does not need to intervene.
Flight issue? Walk over to another airline, hand them your card and fly home. Bad weather? Grab a hotel and have dinner. Fly home tomorrow.
This is where the weak show themselves - first, they get angry and blame someone. A disease in our society. They chose the $89 option or whatever and when the weather screws it up it’s some kind of injustice? Really?
Those billions in taxpayer funded bailouts and free loans they accepted made them .gov’s bitch boy to call the shots at their business. They’re not getting out of this mess unscathed.

Before I retired corporate would force me to fly Southwest when traveling west. Flying cattle cars wasn't pleasant and there were usually problems. After I retired I flew Southwest in a wheelchair and they left me stranded in Midway Chicago. I'd rather walk than fly Southwest.

Last edited:
Reactions: Herb Stoner

They knew BEFORE Christmas and the weather issues. Personnel not showing up for work.

Their system was unable to handle the load of reschedules. To get partially up again, they've only loaded 1/3 of their capacity into their scheduler.

I'm guessing the system works on a differential basis, but it got so backed up it simply couldn't handle the full load any longer to obtain a single working solution.
I almost went to work for Soutwest 8 months ago. Instead, I'm working on scheduling system for the Navy. (Don't tell Wade)

Southwest canceled over 70% of their domestic flights. All other carriers canceled less than 5% in the same time.

I call bullshit on blaming the weather.

They canceled my sons flight from Idaho to CA monday 26th, the night before via a text. no other information. After 3hrs on hold, was told they couldnt schedule another flight for a week. tuesday the 2nd. as much as I enjoy the extended visit, he has to miss a week of work unpaid.

Theres video of a whole fleet of southwest planes sitting idle in san diego where its a sunny 70°

all other carriers are still flying.

Last edited:
Southwest canceled over 70% of their domestic flights. All other carriers canceled less than 5% in the same time.

Im call bullshit on blaming the weather.

They canceled my sons flight from Idaho to CA monday 26th, the night before via a text. no other information. After 3hrs on hold, was told they couldnt schedule another flight for a week. tuesday the 2nd. as much as I enjoy the extended visit, he has to miss a week of work unpaid.

Theres video of a whole fleet of southwest planes sitting idle in san diego where its a sunny 70°

That’s because, as others have said, their software failed. They can’t reassign crews. They can’t get the routings into the system. The only to fix it is a complete reset which they are doing. All airlines have experienced this. It’s nothing new. It will happen again. Sometimes shit just happens.

Because of legalities for crews, pilots especially, you can’t just say go fly here take plane x. Every reassignment has to be done manually for the most part. Every assignment and reassignment has to be verified for legality. It’s a long and tedious process.

Frustration is justified by everyone affected, but believe me if they could put planes in the air they would. It’s literally costing millions an hour for those planes to just sit b

He controls the weather?
That fucking bastard

Two years ago i had CXL out of cali due to "exreme heat" LMAO

Took the free hotel, rode the bus, ... with the pilots

Learned alot from the pilots on that busride...🤣🧐

Southwest, like other cheap fare airlines, run a point to point system rather than a system of hubs like most major airlines. That system is inherently more prone to things going very wrong when weather and other factors make flying safely a challenge. I've flown SW occasionally for short flights when necessary but avoid SW and similar airlines for longer flights. Flying when there are large storms can be a crap-shoot so no need get too lathered up when flights get cancelled, etc. Its happened to me many times and it sucks but nothing worse than a delay of a day or three has ever happened. Grab a room and find the best restaurant in town and enjoy - tantrums usually don't change a thing.

Snowflakes...

Reactions: GlockPride

Im call bullshit on blaming the weather.

WTF? Idaho to Cali and he has to miss a week of work? Moyie Springs to San Diego is ~1400 miles. You probably don’t live in Idaho’s northernmost town, and he probably doesn’t live in Cali’s southernmost city. Rent a fucking car and get there in a day…

Southwest, like other cheap fare airlines, run a point to point system rather than a system of hubs like most major airlines. That system is inherently more prone to things going very wrong when weather and other factors make flying safely a challenge. I've flown SW occasionally for short flights when necessary but avoid SW and similar airlines for longer flights. Flying when there are large storms can be a crap-shoot so no need get too lathered up when flights get cancelled, etc. Its happened to me many times and it sucks but nothing worse than a delay of a day or three has ever happened. Grab a room and find the best restaurant in town and enjoy - tantrums usually don't change a thing. Snowflakes...
Hub and spoke has just as many problems as point to point. For example, when the weather goes to shit and the FAA starts imposing traffic management the spokes get cut. Airlines like delta cancel all the small jets that feed the hub so unless you are in the hub you could be just as equally affected.

Reactions: GlockPride
Hub and spoke has just as many problems as point to point. For example, when the weather goes to shit and the FAA starts imposing traffic management the spokes get cut. Airlines like delta cancel all the small jets that feed the hub so unless you are in the hub you could be just as equally affected.
That's true with the small connectors though I've mostly traveled between larger cities so haven't been caught up in that nonsense other than a couple of ski trips. Got to Frankfurt one time to find out the Tel Aviv airport was closed for a couple of days due to a scheduled strike. I needed to get to work in Tel Aviv but nothing I could do. First flights schedule to land after the strike were out of Athens and the weather in Frankfurt sucked so I had a nice couple of days in Athens.

Yup

“Pilot shortage”. All over the news. But no mention of all the smart ones that quit when they mandated the clot shot

I didn’t think you were retarted.

Firings plus applications are round filed if you don’t the clot shot
59FE28C0-1F1F-423A-94B5-1385D4D3E5BC.png

Shiiiiiiiiiiiit. If it weren’t for .gov most wouldn’t need to worry about pilot shortages or weather cancelations as the vast majority of “flyers” wouldn’t be able to afford flights.

Vote with your $$. Too bad we have no real voice when it comes to bailouts. If you think you can do the CEO's job better, take initiative and go get his job.

Uh huh. My airline did the same thing. Guess what. Nothing happened.
Help me out because I’m slow. “Nothing happened” as in they instituted the mandates and firings and etc but didn’t follow through? Or, firing the un-vaxed didn’t affect schedulings or routings for the airline?

Reactions: BurtG
Help me out because I’m slow. “Nothing happened” as in they instituted the mandates and firings and etc but didn’t follow through? Or, firing the un-vaxed didn’t affect schedulings or routings for the airline?
They did not follow thru. Multiple reasons. First a large group if non compliance second it was PR. Third there is a massive shortage, they can’t afford to lose anyone for any reason.

WTF? Idaho to Cali and he has to miss a week of work? Moyie Springs to San Diego is ~1400 miles. You probably don’t live in Idaho’s northernmost town, and he probably doesn’t live in Cali’s southernmost city. Rent a fucking car and get there in a day…
it's 10hrs and thats what I would have done but the cost of a one way rental plus he REALLY REALLY doesnt want to do that drive for the 5th time and alone.... Thinking about it I may call SW and see if they would pay for the rental and switch the flight for me to come back if we drove down. that would make sense.

it's 10hrs and thats what I would have done but the cost of a one way rental plus he REALLY REALLY doesnt want to do that drive for the 5th time and alone.... Thinking about it I may call SW and see if they would pay for the rental and switch the flight for me to come back if we drove down. that would make sense.
Good luck getting a hold of anyone. Take the train

Nope.

How many times have airlines received “bail outs “
Honestly, I don't know the answer but it is my impression that SWA has been mostly profitable so not aware of "bailouts" outside of recent compensation for covid shutdowns. The gov tells you they need you to stop running your business where you have been pretty much self sufficient there damn well better be some compensation. I don't hold that against SWA or any business. (Now there was a lot of fraud, abuse and other mismanagement of PPP and related monies but that another mess altogether.)

Is there a history of SWA getting other bailout money?

Honestly, I don't know the answer but it is my impression that SWA has been mostly profitable so not aware of "bailouts" outside of recent compensation for covid shutdowns. The gov tells you they need you to stop running your business where you have been pretty much self sufficient there damn well better be some compensation. I don't hold that against SWA or any business. (Now there was a lot of fraud, abuse and other mismanagement of PPP and related monies but that another mess altogether.)

Is there a history of SWA getting other bailout money?
Everyone got bailed out after 9/11. Everyone got bailed out in COVID. I can’t speak for all airlines, but mine made a very big deal about paying their COVID loan back in full.

Southwest was very successful for many years because they had an amazing fuel hedging program that allowed them to purchase fuel at a fraction of the cost of everyone else which in turn allowed them to undercut prices and disrupt the market. That hedging program no longer exists so they pay the same as the rest of us for the most part. Running an airline is a tough business. People are entitled. They don’t realize the complexities but always have the answers to everything.

there's no passenger train through Idaho. I wish there was. they expect you to take a connecting bus for most of the trip.
Not sure where in Idaho you are but I’d bet if you go out of SLC or Spokane there are flights. Southwest will inevitably have to refund anyone who rebooks with other airlines (my opinion)

Reactions: Redmanss

reddit is your friend

seems like their scheduling system is f@#ked
This is what we heard. And yes, my family is hardcore affected by this fucking nightmare. We’re currently on our way from southwest FL to Denver in a rented Kia suv.

I really don’t have a giant problem if their system actually did just take a shit at the worst possible time. As long as they make it right, which they probably won’t…