• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

This made be laugh.......................................

lonegunman762x51

MSgt USAF ret.
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2011
Pacific Northwest
This gave me a laugh because it is so classic. I can see a bunch of guys doing this stuff and getting away with it over and over. When I was a young SSgt in the USAF, a company developed a computer they claimed had "Artificial Intelligence" abilities and it was supposed to tell you how to troubleshoot and repair problems in certain air frames. If you typed in a question in a certain way, it would tell you what page of the Tech Data to turn to so you could find the suggested solution. If you have the tech data in a book in the truck, you simply turn to the page and read the same shit at your leisure and without dragging a 125 pound computerized cart to the plane.

Every question took about 30 secs to process and it provided absolutely no useful help other than the page number. Three of us went toe to toe with the stupid computer for an hour in front of a group of dumb fuck officers and field grade fuckwits who were hoping to get jobs with the company after they tricked the USAF into buying this pile of shit for $400,000 a copy. Suggested buy was 25 units initially. Every 7-level SSgt they put up against the machine whipped it's ass. We had to round up everyone for test number two, even the dumbest guys did better than the electric shitbox.

They still bought five for follow up testing and field trails. The company argued they we were "ringers" and far more skilled than average techs, lol.

Read the story,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the guy who took the branches off of a tree and made a tree suit and walked by the sentry was pure fucking genius. A future Sky Marshall for sure.

This was posted in one of the motivational threads, I think. The funniest part to me was the description of these guys giggling like idiots while they’re doing this shit. That’s hilarious. And fuck AI

Edit; Fuck artificial intelligence, not accuracy international

• Haha
Reactions: lonegunman762x51
ED6BB8DA-2911-4E13-9C4C-94E3C48A395B.jpeg

This gave me a laugh because it is so classic. I can see a bunch of guys doing this stuff and getting away with it over and over. When I was a young SSgt in the USAF, a company developed a computer they claimed had "Artificial Intelligence" abilities and it was supposed to tell you how to troubleshoot and repair problems in certain air frames. If you typed in a question in a certain way, it would tell you what page of the Tech Data to turn to so you could find the suggested solution. If you have the tech data in a book in the truck, you simply turn to the page and read the same shit at your leisure and without dragging a 125 pound computerized cart to the plane.

Every question took about 30 secs to process and it provided absolutely no useful help other than the page number. Three of us went toe to toe with the stupid computer for an hour in front of a group of dumb fuck officers and field grade fuckwits who were hoping to get jobs with the company after they tricked the USAF into buying this pile of shit for $400,000 a copy. Suggested buy was 25 units initially. Every 7-level SSgt they put up against the machine whipped it's ass. We had to round up everyone for test number two, even the dumbest guys did better than the electric shitbox.

They still bought five for follow up testing and field trails. The company argued they we were "ringers" and far more skilled than average techs, lol.

Read the story,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the guy who took the branches off of a tree and made a tree suit and walked by the sentry was pure fucking genius. A future Sky Marshall for sure.

The toughbooks were bad enough.
With real TOs you could remove pages and spread out schematics on a table to trace them properly. You could attach one to another because it continued on a different page.

Try that shit on a screen.

It's like trying to teach a teenager how to navigate in their head using Google maps. To see what they want you have to zoom in and lose perspective.

Nothing beats paper

With real TOs you could remove pages and spread out schematics on a table to trace them properly. You could attach one to another because it continued on a different page.

It's like trying to teach a teenager how to navigate in their head using Google maps. To see what they want you have to zoom in and lose perspective.

Nothing beats paper
Plug your cpu into a large flat screen tv or a projector. My computer monitor is a 50” TV. They also make these things called printers. I can store an entire library on a CPU the size of an old book.

Computers curb stomp books.

Don't you know cutting down trees to make paper was the 3rd root cause of climate change

Nothing beats paper
Incorrect. Scissors cut paper, but rock breaks scissors. ;)

Plug your cpu into a large flat screen tv or a projector. My computer monitor is a 50” TV. They also make these things called printers. I can store an entire library on a CPU the size of an old book.

Don't you know cutting down trees to make paper was the 3rd root cause of climate change

Access to a big TV screen while working on aircraft isn't really very simple. And fuck that, you still can't sew computer images together when you have 8-10 different systems tying info through an ID so something works. All of those inputs, outputs, thruputs, multiplexes etc don't play nice on a screen.

Reactions: BurtG

My books will still work after an emp, and trees can be planted.

So what happens if I dress up and pretend to be a fire-hydrant ?

• Haha
Reactions: The D
I’m going to dress up like a dog and piss in your face

• Haha
Reactions: tomcatmv