• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

This makes sense but how much can be done with an exec order?

If he uses Exec order there will be a law suit filled. We will see where it goes from there. I am not of fan of Exec orders. I believe if they are used they should only be to help run the duties of the executive branch and not make new laws. That said the last guy tried to use existing laws and some no existing laws to create new regulations and was sued in court and lost a lot of the times.

If he uses Exec order there will be a law suit filled. We will see where it goes from there. I am not of fan of Exec orders. I believe if they are used they should only be to help run the duties of the executive branch and not make new laws. That said the last guy tried to use existing laws and some no existing laws to create new regulations and was sued in court and lost a lot of the times.
According to the article, he will likely sign an executive order removing their immunity from libel since they have taken his bait and are now editing/flagging content, basically changing themselves from a "bulletin board" to a publisher.
He played them, as he has so many others.
He is definitely a conniving motherfucker. Props to him.

According to the article, he will likely sign an executive order removing their immunity from libel since they have taken his bait and are now editing/flagging content, basically changing themselves from a "bulletin board" to a publisher.
He played them, as he has so many others.
He is definitely a conniving motherfucker. Props to him.

Like I said this will end up in court and more than likely the EO will be over turned. There is already laws on the books for this so, congress would have to change those laws.

News flash!

Hell Freezes Over!

Do as the Hobos do; wrap yourselves in old newspaper, all it's good for these days...

Reactions: Foul Mike
They can be handed out to make policy changes for executive branch bureaucracies FCC, CDC, ATF, so on. The problem as these bureaucracies make some rules that end up having color of law and become enforced as if they were legitimate law. That's why the last administration wielded so many of these for the EPA and such. Color of law is a dangerous thing.

Like I said this will end up in court and more than likely the EO will be over turned. There is already laws on the books for this so, congress would have to change those laws.

What you fail to realize is that the overwhelming majority of laws are light on details. Those details of implementation and enforcement are left for the executive branch. Which is where we get the regulatory apparatus (see Code of Federal Regulations) and Executive Orders as needed.

I'm not as sure as you about what will happen to this EO in court.

What you fail to realize is that the overwhelming majority of laws are light on details. Those details of implementation and enforcement are left for the executive branch. Which is where we get the regulatory apparatus (see Code of Federal Regulations) and Executive Orders as needed.

I'm not as sure as you about what will happen to this EO in court.

Correct. Many pieces of legislation end up saying something along the lines of "for the purpose of such-and-such, we authorize so-and-so department to do whatever necessary... " and then that agency is required by law to implement adminstrative action. Shit, we even prosecute wars in the same manner.

As we all know, Congress is a bunch of lazy cowards and the executive branch consists of petty tyrants. Great way to rule a country :mad: