• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

this market is insane

myronman3

deez nuts
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2017
Ft. Benning School for Wayward Boys
up is down, down is up. this market doesnt make a lick of sense.

bush starting that fucking quantitative easing.....and gents, trump got a pile of money set up for artificially inflating the market as well (one of his mistakes-i’m a fair man). and nothing i am seeing about this market makes any sense. i’ve lived through a few of these cycles, and i ask myself “how long can they keep it propped up?”.

i know what happens, i’m just wondering how long they can keep it up.

Reactions: Bender

bush starting that fucking quantitative easing.....and gents, trump got a pile of money set up for artificially inflating the market as well (one of his mistakes-i’m a fair man). and nothing i am seeing about this market makes any sense. i’ve lived through a few of these cycles, and i ask myself “how long can they keep it propped up?”.

It really started before Bush. My first year in the business was with the Mexico currency crisis, and by the end of the 90s, we had seen central banks bail out that, all the Asian currencies and Long Term Capital. It's been an almost uninterrupted shrinking of risk premiums since then, but for the year of the financial crash. You learn to deal with it, learn to make fewer bad decisions and learn to stop listening to emotions and idiots. As far as how long, it is fairly said that markets can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent... That is the problem with trying to get out ahead of a crash.

I wouldn't listen to anybody quoting scripture about markets. There's no God there.

Ain't no easy answer here dude. IMO.

I didn't like smellin' what they were steppin' in to start the Spring.

I locked in gains on S&P over the past years, rolled into a Vanguard Retirement to spread it around. Normally America centric.

Just saying.

Also stopped my 100% (401k) into S&P for some other diversified shit. Small-mids.

That's just me.

I figure Grandpa Simpson to crash this shit before end of year. Locked my gains, throwing dice on "other" until I see 2022.

An opinion. I unplug inside of 10 years. Call it 8.

$6T dumped in the market will drive things up. Inflation also means higher numbers.
The richest of the rich will benefit the most and then leave the little man broken in the end. Where does that money go? It aint to us.

Reactions: Bender
The market is not adhering to many classical theories right now and has too much of an emotional component contributing to swings. Staying in is not for the weak of heart these days.

Reactions: Herb Stoner
You guys keep looking at money (US dollar) like it is backed up by gold......(how cute) What gives money (US dollar) value is the idea of it....meaning I can take this (money/US dollar) and exchange it for.......XYZ. As long as people keeping believing in that it will never fail. So you can say we are a trillion kabazillon trillion in debt it doesn't mean shit and most people don't have a clue after six digits anyway.

idiotic post
Bush has zero to do with quant easing
Trump didn't even control his investments as a Prez

what is happening is all the result of global debt mkts, monetary easing, and central banks that have expanded the scope of their mission

Classical theories are just that, classical for a reason. Externalities cannot be quantified

Last edited:
I just wanna point out-DO NOT LISTEN TO ME! LOL :LOL:

WAY smarter people than me here on this shit. Just offered an opinion.

For instance: I got into LVGO at ~$25 Share after their IPO. Saw their Gov't contract and waited, but when maket collapsed in 2020 and nobody was biting on their distinct upside (they were crushing it!) after a couple quarters, I balied to re-balance during downturn. DUMB!

HUGE mistake. I lost 10's of thousands right there due to re-balance. They are at ~$140 today.

Don't invest offa my lame advice- I am an amateur.

Just sharing an opinion yo. I don't want to crush somebody here.

In fact-I'll shut up. :ROFLMAO:

That's why they're sending billions to study transgenders in Pakistan.
Shipping the money out delays the hyperinflation.

I just wanna point out-DO NOT LISTEN TO ME! LOL :LOL:

WAY smarter people than me here on this shit. Just offered an opinion.

For instance: I got into LVGO at ~$25 Share after their IPO. Saw their Gov't contract and waited, but when maket collapsed in 2020 and nobody was biting on their distinct upside (they were crushing it!) after a couple quarters, I balied to re-balance during downturn. DUMB!

HUGE mistake. I lost 10's of thousands right there due to re-balance. They are at ~$140 today.

Don't invest offa my lame advice- I am an amateur.

Just sharing an opinion yo. I don't want to crush somebody here.

In fact-I'll shut up. :ROFLMAO:
Well, you said one thing that is definitely right, even if you didn't say it as such. If you are retiring in ten years, then your investment strategy should look very different than if you are retiring in thirty. It's important to note how big the swings are between highs and lows, and if you can't wait out your positions, it doesn't matter how right you are. You still lose.

Reactions: OldSalty2

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It is going to go down as the greatest ever swindle perpetrated on a global scale. I am amazed that the Government can interfere in the markets. Their intervention perpetuates the momentum in the market but that can't continue indefinitely. People will get burned on a large scale.

However there is no doubt that you can make money now. If were young, I would be in making money.

Been slowly converting more and more of my 401K into commodities based funds, and even some funds that are into physical gold and other precious metals. Up to just over 4% but think I’m gonna up that to ~10% mañana.

It’s more than a little disconcerting to see that part of this portfolio doing almost as well (within 1%) as my broad market-based funds. Not a good sign of things to come.

94D542B8-5DCC-4453-AB93-62FEC640FACE.jpeg

Invested in S&P index funds in March of 2020 and got out two weeks ago with a significant gain. Liquidated all equities and placed some in precious metals and other inflation hedges. Sitting on the fence right now to see what happens. Against my better instincts broker recommended I stay in the market in 2006 and took a sizable hit and still have loss carry forwards to burn off. Not making that same mistake again.

So, serious question to ponder. Markets reflect what people predict for the future. Everybody is predicting disaster, yet markets are not pricing in disaster. Of course, you could argue that there is just so much money that it can't go down, but that is horseshit because allocation changes can easily be made with that same money in ways that would cause the greater market to crater. So what is the disconnect?

A couple of options are that people on this site are politically opposed to current policy and thus more pessimistic than they might be. People here could be the very best investors ending up here by luck and a common love for shooting. People could be reading signs in ways that reinforce their own already held beliefs. There are many more possibilities.

But they are important questions to ask because the stock market is just a running poll of what people think will happen over some limited horizon, and unlike other polls, you are forced to put your money where your mouth is.

Not trying to be a troll. I spent about thirty years investing other peoples money, and I literally never had an opinion on the market as a whole that I used to make decisions. I was purely bottoms up. But obviously I always wondered about greater trends.

The richest of the rich will benefit the most and then leave the little man broken in the end. Where does that money go? It aint to us.
The money goes to those who held their position through it all. If all of it is dropping fast, don’t panic just hold your positions. If you have money to buy more then buy more. The ”rich” make the money from buying the stock for sale by those who panic. Then hold it until it return back to where it was. This is not a rich person thing this is a prepared persons thing.

Chance favors the prepared mind.

The money goes to those who held their position through it all. If all of it is dropping fast, don’t panic just hold your positions. If you have money to buy more then buy more. The ”rich” make the money from buying the stock for sale by those who panic. Then hold it until it return back to where it was. This is not a rich person thing this is a prepared persons thing.

Chance favors the prepared mind.
I was mainly speaking of the actual money from the several trillion dollar “relief” bills. The connected are the ones who receive this money and put it to use for their benefit. They get more wealthy now and everybody else suffers with the inflation later.

As far as the actual markets go, I’ll take your word on it.

Reactions: Softtail103
I was mainly speaking of the actual money from the several trillion dollar “relief” bills. The connected are the ones who receive this money and put it to use for their benefit. They get more wealthy now and everybody else suffers with the inflation later.

As far as the actual markets go, I’ll take your word on it.
That’s easy. FRAUD! 4 people from Nigeria took WA state for $650 million. One of them was just arrested in NY trying to leave the country. That money is gone. We all keep seeing the fraud that’s going on. PPP money to really help the employers pay the employees was fleeced at every turn. The checks and balances of the shit show speaks for its self. People who never owned a business or have a clue what we go through were getting PPP. Now we are seeing them being arrested and jailed for years at a time.

But the DOW is up.....

Every time I hear that line here is the vision that comes to mind.

There is a guy who appears to always be driving a new car. After studying him for several years and hear him brag that "He never has bought a set of tires"... or ...... "That warranty does not mean a thing to me".... or .... "I never deal with the service department". I figured him out. The moment his vehicle develops an unusual noise, shows tire wear or the check engine light comes on... He just goes to the dealership, trades in the car and drives off in a new vehicle.

That, my friend, is how the DOW works. When a company falters, it is simply dropped from the DOW and replaced by a high flyer. If the original DOW Industrial's were still in place we would get an accurate snap shot of "The State of the Nation".

BTW, the guy with the car works for the Government so he spends the people's money to get that new car. Same with the DOW, they are playing with other people's money, also.

JMHO

But the DOW is up.....

Every time I hear that line here is the vision that comes to mind.

There is a guy who appears to always be driving a new car. After studying him for several years and hear him brag that "He never has bought a set of tires"... or ...... "That warranty does not mean a thing to me".... or .... "I never deal with the service department". I figured him out. The moment his vehicle develops an unusual noise, shows tire wear or the check engine light comes on... He just goes to the dealership, trades in the car and drives off in a new vehicle.

That, my friend, is how the DOW works. When a company falters, it is simply dropped from the DOW and replaced by a high flyer. If the original DOW Industrial's were still in place we would get an accurate snap shot of "The State of the Nation".

BTW, the guy with the car works for the Government so he spends the people's money to get that new car. Same with the DOW, they are playing with other people's money, also.

JMHO
For the love of God, do not listen to this man.

Reactions: Vodoun daVinci
Well, I'm not the brightest bulb and, in fact, maybe I'm not even bright. But I made 31% on my money in the last 12 months. My brother (richer than fuck and OCD) invested in the same stuff I invested in and made only a fraction of the money I made. He asked me last night why that was and I asked him "Have you been dumping/selling stuff because you chickened out and got manic?"

The answer was yes - he has had several episodes in the last 12 months where he panicked and sold after one of his mutual fund holding has lost 5%.....I bought the same funds when he sold them and when they went back to where they were (in days) I literally made the money he threw away.

My mindset came from my Dad - Only buy mutual funds (Vanguard for me) that are widely diversified and pay Dividends.....look at where the stock is allocated and don't buy risky stuff. Never sell (ever) and when the market takes a dump buy more if you can. The big hit we took in 2008 - my OCD bother lost %50 of his retirement. My Dad never sold anything and 18 months after the big crash had it all back and decent amount of profit. all because he is convinced that the markets will climb, at various rates, forever and that if you track it over decades you'll turn good money into more money

Chance favors the prepared mind. - Softtail103

This right here! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This investing thing is not a game with me - I'm not gambling with my Life's Savings -I'll buy widely diversified Mutual Funds and ride the ups and down and always, at the end of a couple years, I have more than I started with. The companies I have stock with held in my portfolio are *not* going out of business and if they do? We are lost and the money won't matter any more. Buy it and hold it (forever) is this dim bulbs Way.

VooDoo

you have zero idea what you are talking about
you are either high, or insane, or a fanboy incapable of saying anything bad about your team. maybe all three.

he was neck deep in the bailout bullshit, “too big to fail” garbage. pumping money into the economy because if he didnt, disaster. yeah, i’ve NO FUCKING IDEA what i’m talking about. go try to bullshit someone else.

you are either high, or insane, or a fanboy incapable of saying anything bad about your team. maybe all three. to say bush had nothing to do with quantitative easing....you HAVE to be shitting me.
no, just spent a very successful career as a bond trader on wall street and actually know what I'm talking about.

since you you're so clued in, explain how it started with Bush and not the central bank reverse monetization of asset classes. I'll wait, better get your google foo going. I was unaware that the President of the United State directs global central banks actions on MMKT/FX issues and overnight lending lines for the ECB much less the Bundesbank actions. This doesn't even bring the Treasury Dept into it.

get your popcorn boys, we got a real winner here

Amazing you don't say anything about Greenspan or the Fed policies on balance sheet leverage.

this is going to be good

this is going to be good
no, no it isnt.

you seem to be a pretty rational guy and generally agree with the majority of what you post.

i aint going to google anything. i’ll say it again....bush was up to his neck in this bullshit. greenspan and the fed? fuck them in the ass, too. i dont need to be a wall street insider to see who’s fucking this country over; and to remember it when they do.

i’m not interested in picking fly shit out of pepper with you about particulars....i have more productive things to do. i’m off to enjoy my weekend, hopefully you do as well.

no, no it isnt.

you seem to be a pretty rational guy and generally agree with the majority of what you post.

i aint going to google anything. i’ll say it again....bush was up to his neck in this bullshit. greenspan and the fed? fuck them in the ass, too. i dont need to be a wall street insider to see who’s fucking this country over; and to remember it when they do.

i’m not interested in picking fly shit out of pepper with you about particulars....i have more productive things to do. i’m off to enjoy my weekend, hopefully you do as well.
Bush has zero to do with quant easing

Lots wrong with America today, not disputing that at all

You guys keep looking at money (US dollar) like it is backed up by gold......(how cute) What gives money (US dollar) value is the idea of it....meaning I can take this (money/US dollar) and exchange it for.......XYZ. As long as people keeping believing in that it will never fail. So you can say we are a trillion kabazillon trillion in debt it doesn't mean shit and most people don't have a clue after six digits anyway.

Reactions: Steel+Killer

Here in Washington we just give it away. 4 people got $650 million. How broken is the system that allows this to happens. (D) Gov Jay Inslee just a fucking peach. This is just the beginning of the fraud cases to come.