• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s This ones for the birds

Outsydlooknin75

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 11, 2009
DulUth Jawja
A Wren built a nest on a shelf beside my front door and laid three eggs in it. It was a poor place to build a nest because of all the foot traffic in and out, especially the kids. Everytime someone would go in or out she would get frightened and fly away for a while, but she always came back within a few minutes. The eggs finally hatched and we were all excited to see the little heads poking out of the nest and to hear their faint chirping. My 13 y.o' son told me yesterday that he hadn't seen the mother bird on the nest in a couple of days, and I checked the nest well after dark last night and the little one's were in there by themselve's. She was nowhere to be seen this morning and was also gone this afternoon when I came home from work.

I figured the mother bird finally got scared off for good. I went outside with a pair of tweezers and a small earthworm and tried to get them to eat, but they refused to eat. I couldn't stand the thought of them slowly starving to death in this insufferable heat. I decided that the best I could do for them was to make their end quick and painless. I picked up the nest and placed it in the yard. I used a shotgun. About an hour later my wife went to the front door to leave for a trip to the store and said "The momma bird is back up on that shelf."

I'm a 45 y.o. recovering alcoholic. I went and got a stiff drink and cried.

This is a tale from another forum, I was not the original author.

Re: This ones for the birds

I'm not sure what to say to that, but dang, that's sad...

Doubt it's validity but if it's true, the shotgun wielding man is a moron and probably should do the rest of us a favor and load another shell for himself.

LMFAO....... Dumbass!!