• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

This only could have ended so well

Re: This only could have ended so well

Looks lime he'll be a NY state resident for a while. With a stop at Riker's. Not my favorite hotel chain.

New York has funny gun laws.

In 1968 or 68 I was an MP at Ft Devens MA. We did a prisnor transport to the stockaid in NJ.

The guy driving our van (an old limosine) lived in NY and wanted to spend the week end at home, so he bought our ticket and dropped us off at Grand central Station. While waiting for a bus, I dicided to have a beer, so I stepped up to bar, sit on a stool and ordered my beer.

Here I am, dressed in Greens, with a 1911a1 strapped on. Just fat dumb and happy.

A few minutes later, a NYPD officer comes in (in uniform) and sets on a stool next to me, he too orders a beer.

I suddenly panic. I heard the Sulivan Law was not friendly to firearms.

The cop was friendly enough, we had a good conversation and he even bought me another beer. Finely I get the nerve to ask him about the gun. He says not to worry, soldiers are exempt from the Sulivan law.

I still didn't relax until I got back to Ft Devins and turned in my pistol.

How are they getting away calling a Tec-9 a "machine gun"? Don't have a dictionary nearby, but dictionary.com defines a Machine Gun as "a small arm operated by a mechanism, able to deliver a rapid and continuous fire of bullets as long as the trigger is pressed."

Its the government. They can label anything they want something else, skew your rights, then throw you in jail for as long as they want. Especially with a socially sensitive topic like guns.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 71firebird400</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How are they getting away calling a Tec-9 a "machine gun"? Don't have a dictionary nearby, but dictionary.com defines a Machine Gun as "a small arm operated by a mechanism, able to deliver a rapid and continuous fire of bullets as long as the trigger is pressed." </div></div>

i know i'm probably giving the writer far too much credit but what if it was an automatic converted tec-9? would it then fit your description?