• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

This seems odd?

SmartDonkey

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 18, 2018
Found a 5.56 barrel that is 20" long- but has a carbine length gas system on it. It is a barrel that came from the manufacturer- and not aftermarket-- (the barrel is stamped "Mossberg", so not a company that you would expect to get it right when it comes to an AR.) But before I filed it away as one of the dumber things that I've seen...... Is there any purpose that it would make sense?

Sounds like an excellent choice for someone who HATES reloading or leaving brass around for anyone else to reload or some sucker who thinks he can get 5.56 subs to cycle.

Great candidate for cutting down to 10.5" and making a beater gun out of.

Thunder Ranch did it a while back....

m1f7jKY-e1589315409653-602x1024.png

^ Do you know a reason why?
Well, the sales spiel at the time was that it was designed that way by Clint Smith so it'd have everything he wanted in and on a DMR. Personally, not a lot about it makes much sense or why it cost almost $3,000 other than because reasons, however it's not available anymore so that says something I think. You can still buy the shit out of Mk12 uppers though....