• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thompson Center Dimension

skoal3

Private
Minuteman
Jul 7, 2013
Got a new Dimension in 7mm08, I know its not a long range caliber or sniper rifle by any means, but I need some advice. When I first got it the bolt was incredibly stiff, not the action but just cocking it. Once you got it cocked it was nice and smooth but it just about took two guys and a mule to cock it, there was no way to do it with the rifle shouldered. I cocked and decocked the rifle for hours over several days and now its easy enough to work so I was kind of over that until today. I went shooting to try out some different ammo, just factory stuff, and roughly 30 rounds into it I had a misfire, no big deal, I waited a minute, recocked it and tried again, still nothing, waited awhile longer, removed the round and discarded it, the primer had been struck by the way, at least once. I put in another round, these were the hornady whitetail loads and I had already shot a half dozen of them or so, this one didn't fire either, I removed it and the primer had not been struck by the firing pin at all, I put it back in and tried again, it fired the second time. I continued to shoot after that another dozen rounds or so without a problem so what could cause that? If it was just the one round I would just write it off as a dud but since the firing pin didn't touch the other round the first time it has me a little worried. Could there be a problem with the bolt and if there is how could it be intermittent like that? Any tips or advice would be great. Thanks

T/C has some recalls on some of their rifles right now, not sure which models. I'm almost positive most of their bolt action rifles. You should contact your dealer.

Ya I've heard about that, that has to do with the safeties, the gun could possibly still fire with the safety on or something. It shouldn't have anything to do with my issue but I guess it is possible. My only concern with that is not getting the rifle back in time for hunting season, I've heard some horror stories about how long it can take. I guess I could always take another rifle. This one wouldn't be very handy if it won't shoot.