• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

THOR Global Defense Group, Do Not Deal With!

AK74U

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2021
Atlanta
If this is not the correct place to post this, please admins move to the correct area. There was a post on The Hide years ago about dealing with these people. For those who are thinking of patronizing this business, THINK TWICE! I had a Barrett M107A1 on layaway, using their "forever layaway". I've been making payments consistently and they tried to cancel my layaway during the pandemic, when most people where at home due to lockdown and closing of businesses. I literally had to explain to them that in major cities, there were lockdowns in place and if your job/business was closed. You cant fault anyone for that. I've been calling the business weekly since May of this year to just confirm is my payment has been received by snail mail (USPS). I've left messages for over a month for the lady handling the layaways to confirm if she received the payment and never heard back from her. After repeated attempts, I called June 21st and finally got the owner on the horn. He suddenly tells me, with no explanation or reasoning that he was cancelling my layaway. His cronies sent me an email this past weekend, stating that the owner overheard my conversation with the lady who answered the phone, and said that since I said I wasnt leaving anymore messages or giving my name, is the reason he's canceled my layaway. And then they said in the email, that contacting me to confirm that my payment had been receieved is a waste of company time!! I didnt know taking a few seconds to send an email would bankrupt a company. He told me he was going to send me back my money. Now its a month later, no money and he has been trying to use excuses about how he's not sending me my money. Dont deal with these people, they will make you out to be the antagonist. You will literally have to beg their employees to do their job.

• Wow
Reactions: Milf Dots
Layaway, lolz. I have layaway too. I lay my money away in a bank account while I’m saving for shit, but I’m damn sure not giving it to an outfit that has a 50% non-refundable deposit policy. Read those terms and conditions, fucking wow….

Fucking sue them or quit bitching, but you played with a snake and got bit.

They tried to buy the .50 and ,408 suppressor parts and tooling from me a couple of years ago.
I did some research and saw that they were not a place to deal with.

Reactions: Milf Dots
I put them on my "never deal with" list.

"Believing in real experience, THOR’s foundation is built strongly on integrity, trust & reliability."

So, this doesnt hold up?

Thanks, I appreciate this! I wont shop shady places or companies that have a woke agenda. If I had an alternate to Walmart, I could say I no longer shop any woke business.

I try to shop 2A places, but Ill stick this in with Optics Planet.

Reactions: DIBBS and lash
If this is not the correct place to post this, please admins move to the correct area. There was a post on The Hide years ago about dealing with these people. For those who are thinking of patronizing this business, THINK TWICE! I had a Barrett M107A1 on layaway, using their "forever layaway". I've been making payments consistently and they tried to cancel my layaway during the pandemic, when most people where at home due to lockdown and closing of businesses. I literally had to explain to them that in major cities, there were lockdowns in place and if your job/business was closed. You cant fault anyone for that. I've been calling the business weekly since May of this year to just confirm is my payment has been received by snail mail (USPS). I've left messages for over a month for the lady handling the layaways to confirm if she received the payment and never heard back from her. After repeated attempts, I called June 21st and finally got the owner on the horn. He suddenly tells me, with no explanation or reasoning that he was cancelling my layaway. His cronies sent me an email this past weekend, stating that the owner overheard my conversation with the lady who answered the phone, and said that since I said I wasnt leaving anymore messages or giving my name, is the reason he's canceled my layaway. And then they said in the email, that contacting me to confirm that my payment had been receieved is a waste of company time!! I didnt know taking a few seconds to send an email would bankrupt a company. He told me he was going to send me back my money. Now its a month later, no money and he has been trying to use excuses about how he's not sending me my money. Dont deal with these people, they will make you out to be the antagonist. You will literally have to beg their employees to do their job.

I got nothing to offer you other than saying thanks to your avatar for reminding me I haven't listened to One Winged Angel in a long time. ;)

When I put my item on layaway, 50% non-refundable deposit wasnt their policy. And telling you my experience is bitching?

Layaway, lolz. I have layaway too. I lay my money away in a bank account while I’m saving for shit, but I’m damn sure not giving it to an outfit that has a 50% non-refundable deposit policy. Read those terms and conditions, fucking wow….

Fucking sue them or quit bitching, but you played with a snake and got bit.

Layaway is still a thing :unsure:

Works great for cans.

When my gun store has finally gotten stock in, is always right before or after I drop $5-10k on a vacation. Every damn time.

So I pay the tax stamps, and go in and pay the cans off in the next month or two.

I cannot see paying for years though. I feel like they cancelled his order because he's that guy sending them $10/week and will need 15 years to pay it off.

When I put my item on layaway, 50% non-refundable deposit wasnt their policy. And telling you my experience is bitching?
Your experience? No. Your reaction? Yes.

No documentation, no evidence, no real specifics, just a Karen type post in the Bear Pit. Take them to court or get off the pot. I hope you have a contract showing the terms and documentation of their violations, otherwise you’re going to lose hard.

You could have saved your money in a bank account and gone with a quality Barrett dealer like Eurooptic, instead you did layaway with a company with one of the shittiest terms and conditions I’ve seen in a long while. Venture to guess why they don’t allow credit cards for non in-stock purchases? I can guess why.

You played with a snake and you got bit.

I doubt that me taking time out to file court documents, traveling to the state, hiring a lawyer, taking off work, etc is worth my time to take them to court. I just wanted to tell about my experience dealing with them. Thanks.

No documentation, no evidence, no real specifics, just a Karen type post in the Bear Pit. Take them to court or get off the pot. I hope you have a contract showing the terms and documentation of their violations, otherwise you’re going to lose hard.

You could have saved your money in a bank account and gone with a quality Barrett dealer like Eurooptic, instead you did layaway with a company with one of the shittiest terms and conditions I’ve seen in a long while. Venture to guess why they don’t allow credit cards for non in-stock purchases? I can guess why.

Reactions: 232593
What was the problem with giving them your name? Just curious

I doubt that me taking time out to file court documents, traveling to the state, hiring a lawyer, taking off work, etc is worth my time to take them to court. I just wanted to tell about my experience dealing with them. Thanks.
You may want to delete this one comment because telegraphing your strategy is usually not self serving- it's better if they think they might be sued.

Reactions: 232593
Guns and vending machines???
Screenshot_20230719_235913_Chrome.jpg

Sounds like you have come to the conclusion they are a "snake"? Seems like the thread has accomplished the goal, even for you, despite taking a shot at his character......"Karen"

Do you think your post encourages others to warn members on the board of "snakes"? I can tell you, just because of post like yours, I'd never go out of my way to warn others of shit, not worth the bullshit from people like you. That makes YOU a protector of the "snakes" of the world! Good job!

Sounds like you have come to the conclusion they are a "snake"? Seems like the thread has accomplished the goal, even for you, despite taking a shot at his character......"Karen"

Do you think your post encourages others to warn members on the board of "snakes"? I can tell you, just because of post like yours, I'd never go out of my way to warn others of shit, not worth the bullshit from people like you. That makes YOU a protector of the "snakes" of the world! Good job!
If you are going to bash a company here, you better get your ducks in a row and put your big boy pants on because there will be questions. We aren't your mommy here to console you , "poor baby they were so mean."

This was my first thought when reading about the OPs problem. If the owner heard the way he was talking to an employee, then canceled his order. He could have been talking to someone as they should not be talked to.

You can do your own footwork to make sure your layaway payment has been received, unless you are sending envelopes full of cash. The bank never once called to tell me any payment had been received. They only call if they don't get paid.

One read of their terms tells me they’re a snake. Why is it so few do any research on a company before doing business with them, even something as simple as reading what their business terms are? Two minutes of reading could have saved a lot of money and frustration.

Time and time again we get people posting how they got burnt by a company they did zero research on. It’s their own ignorance and laziness that got them into the situation. It's the same way people still, even today, buy into timeshares and annuities, yet anyone who actually READS the terms will see they're getting the shitty end of the stick and the company retains all the power in the business arrangement.

So no, I'm not sorry I called the Karen a Karen, because he's a fucking Karen.

I just recently made an order. After a few days and no ship notification I checked their web sight. "14 days to ship" with a little thing about how it almost never takes that long but they want to under promise and over deliver. After about 10 days i got curious. It looks like they might be slow shipping because they spend half their time responding to BBB complaints. I still would have ordered from them even had i known for two reasons. They are the only one who makes it, and it wasn't much money.

One read of their terms tells me they’re a snake. Why is it so few do any research on a company before doing business with them, even something as simple as reading what their business terms are? Two minutes of reading could have saved a lot of money and frustration.

Time and time again we get people posting how they got burnt by a company they did zero research on. It’s their own ignorance and laziness that got them into the situation. It's the same way people still, even today, buy into timeshares and annuities, yet anyone who actually READS the terms will see they're getting the shitty end of the stick and the company retains all the power in the business arrangement.

I wonder where a person might go to do research on a company.....hmmmmm???? I'm sure the company website would be the best place to validate their business practice! If only like minded people had a like minded place to research a company......hmmmm.

I see your thinking now. Agreed, definantely a Karen for spreading info to like minded people!

OP, go be a fucking Karen somewhere else! Take your whinny ass to the basket weaving community where your info is more relevant! We don't do informational post on shitty 2A companies here! We only "Karen" people here!

The rest of you with info on snakish 2A companies, fuck off!

I wonder where a person might go to do research on a company.....hmmmmm???? I'm sure the company website would be the best place to validate their business practice! If only like minded people had a like minded place to research a company......hmmmm.

I see your thinking now. Agreed, definantely a Karen for spreading info to like minded people!

OP, go be a fucking Karen somewhere else! Take your whinny ass to the basket weaving community where your info is more relevant! We don't do informational post on shitty 2A companies here! We only "Karen" people here!

The rest of you with info on snakish 2A companies, fuck off!
If only there were already such threads on the Hide. If only...

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/search/5647887/?q=knesek&o=relevance

He's been known as a snake for over a decade and a very simple search reveals that, or even a simple two minute read of the website itself could tell you that. Hmm... Why would a company accept cash only for not in-stock orders? Maybe because the one thing that can burn them on their hide the salami shell game is a big bank charge back? Again, that's a fucking clue as big as "We only accept payment in Bitcoin, Zelle or Paypal Friends/Family only." Talk about a red flag.

The OP did zero diligence and comes on here to complain in a wall of text about getting bit by a snake he played with via fucking layaway and calling Knesek himself demanding an update on his layaway status. What's next, we get a thread about tacticalrifles-dot-net building bad rifles? Someone starts a thread about how Lowlight is abrasive? A post how Redmanss is a vulgar fuck?

Maybe soon we'll find out Mark Larue is an uncouth asshole and Bender is a troll.

I don’t understand the thread. Why not research the company before doing business with them? Why even put it on layaway if it’s OOS? It’s not like you’re locking in the price, if their cost goes up, only a retard wouldn’t raise the price, so just save and buy when you can. I appreciate people sharing negative experiences with companies. I also know that I have and will continue to fire Karen customers that treat my coworkers like shit.

Business terms, BBB, see if they keep their copyright current, Google reviews. If it's a cheap part sure go for it but if you're spending that kind of money on a m82 then not researching is crazy.