• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Those running DBM`s, how many mags?

Northman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 22, 2005
How many magazines do you carry for your rifle?

How many do you use in matches? Or, in another way, how many rounds do you use in the most intense heats?

Re: Those running DBM`s, how many mags?

I have (4) 10 rounders but don't think I have ever tapped into a third in any of the matches I have done. When I was the spotter my partner and I had to use (5) 5 rounders in a bullet relay a couple of times.

I carry two tens and two five round mags.

I would recommend having at least on five round mag. There may be some instances where the added hight of a ten round mag will cause problems in getting into a shooting position. For example when you're having to shoot off of a culvert a ten round mag is way too hight, but the five round mag is low enough to be one of the points of contact on the culvert to get a steady position.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tburkes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I carry two tens and two five round mags.

I would recommend having at least on five round mag. There may be some instances where the added hight of a ten round mag will cause problems in getting into a shooting position. <span style="color: #3333FF">For example when you're having to shoot off of a culvert a ten round mag is way too hight</span>, but the five round mag is low enough to be one of the points of contact on the culvert to get a steady position. </div></div>

That is why I bought the alpha mags...have not tried them at a match yet. Ten round double-stack, single feed mags. Almost the same height of the 5 round AICS mags. If they work well. The alpha mags will be the only mags I will be running. Just FYI.

-Al

PS. Have not tried them at all...still waiting for my rifle to arrive back from the 'smith.

A 10 rd in the weapon, 2 ten round, one in each leg pocket, with 2 more 10 rd and a 4 rd in the Alice.

Extra Mag's = insurance, no matter the cost.

I carry 3 10 round and 3 5 round at matches. a little overkill but I would rather have more than less. You can get away with 2 10s and 2 5s and be fine.

I always carry 2 10 round and 2 5 rounds always more then enough and I never have needed or wanted more!

I also use seperate mags for practice use only!

this is one of the reasons i love trg's. yes there mags are expensive as hell but at least you don't have to worry about height since they are flush with the bottom of the chassis.

I currently carry 3 for matches but i may get a fourth just because sometimes they will limit you to 5rds in a mag and have a 15+ rd stage.

for this vary same reason if i were to build a custom rifle again it damn sure would run aw mags or be a aiaw.

What i have for my rifles

Ar 4/20 round and 1 Hundred Round Double Drum
M1A 10/20 round Magazines
BAS/K 308 5/10 round magazines

I have 4 AIAW mags for my Savage. Never needed that many, but was putting in an order and at the time they were hard to get a hold of.

I only have 4 C-products 10 rounders so that is what I use. I have plans on eventually upgrading those to AICS mags and picking up a couple of 5 rounders for the reasons mentioned above.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NOMAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I also use seperate mags for practice use only!</div></div>

Same here. I also have a 10 and a 5 round mag that haven't shown to be 100% reliable as my practice mags.

Rob01 is just lying in wait, knowing one day....some day....there will be a 45 round stage and he'll be laughing while we're all reloading our mags!

Someday......someday!

249729-evil_genius_drevil_large.jpg