• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Thought it was hog....what hell!

308crosshairs

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2005
Dallas
DSCN1257-1.jpg

Motion detector woke me up at 0230 hrs, dragged myself out of bed to see what was there. Had about 60% moon at full transit, got behind the rifle and turned on the PVS27 to see what was at the 400 yrd bait site. Looked like a small hog, took up the slack with a solid hit, jumped on the 4 wheeler big surprize. One big coon, i guess the way it was positioned looked like a hog.

Re: Thought it was hog....what hell!

Now that is a high tech hunt. It's probably a good way to get the drop on the dang hogs though.

Scary to think you are shooting something when you are half asleep and can't positively identify it.

Well, for starters i wasn't half a sleep and secondly i sure can tell a two legger from a four legger, even if some idiot was eating my corn in the wee hours on his hands and kness.

laugh.gif

You Texas boys don't mess around....

And you must really hate them hogs!!!

That little bandit got what he deserved. Those corn stealers will empty a feeder if you don't put a cage on it.

Fisky and Elkslayer, you guys are right on with your statements. I hate hogs, coons i can take them or leave them. Hogs do more damage in my AO than any critter.

Dang good shootin' 308. Rudely yanked from the arms of Morpheus @ 0230 hrs, heart thumping a bit with anticipation, a DRT 400 yd shot using NV. A successful defense of you AO I'd say. Max points if you did it all in your skivvies!
laugh.gif

Lol....thanks LegioX,no had time to get dressed, it was damn cold at 0230 around 18F.

Lol if you would have done it in the drawers, boots and cowboy hat you would have been my hero. Kill all the coons and hogs you can, they tear up your deer feeder and land.

blklabs, I try to do my part. I also try to think out of the box when it comes to killing hogs. Trying/thinking of a way to have a IR camera/motion detector at my feeder so i can have a image sent to my lap top in real time. That way if i am at the house and hogs come to the feeder, all i have to do is take a 5 minute ride to the tower blind. Two weeks ago, about 10 to 12 hogs came to the feeder while i was hunting off the back porch of the house. Game camera's give good info, but after the fact.

Laffin....no Hoff, i never do that to Shanster's girl friends, i am sure he puts a very high premium on them!

I got one in my trap like that a few weeks ago, heavy as hell. I wish I had gotten a picture with him and he sure could run fast.

If you get 3G service one of the wifi hotspots with an infrared ip camera would be awesome. It alerts you of movement, you log into the camera webpage and decide wether to kill or sleep, haha. If your house is close enough you might get away with just a wireless bridge.

blklabs, the house is approx 1000 yards to the feeder that i would like to moniter. There are trees between house and feeder, no clear line of sight, that maybe a problem in doing this project with a wireless bridge. I am not too computer savvy, so this is all new to me. Maybe something to do with satelite could work, but that maybe too cost effective.

The 1000 yards isn't the problem so much as the trees. You would also need power for either option, I am guessing a solar panel and some type of converter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blklabs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The 1000 yards isn't the problem so much as the trees. You would also need power for either option, I am guessing a solar panel and some type of converter. </div></div>

Thanks for your input blklab....I'm in the very early stage of research in the project, just hope i can make this work some how.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308crosshairs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Laffin....no Hoff, i never do that to Shanster's girl friends, i am sure he puts a very high premium on them! </div></div>

Yea, I think he sells hunts by the inch