• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thought on primary arms optics

nagantguy

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Aug 28, 2020

My only experience with their optics is a few 3x micro prism and a red dot - both have been perfectly serviceable and I actually really like the micro.

I’ve been look at this particular model for a 20 inch / DMR ish AR build .
Seems to have comparable features to other barns at this price point reviews seem decent just wondering amongst the Hide who’s run one or something similar and is there a major reason not to buy ?

It's like any other typical optic brand,
Bushnell, Vortex, Athlon, Burris

They usually have 3 tiers
- Japan made (usually by LOW or JOL) (PL-X, Razor, Cronus, DMR, XRS, some XTR)
- Philippine Made (PST, GL-X, some XTR)
- Chinese made (SL-X, Strike Eagle, Ares ETR, Match Pro)

Some Chinese stuff punch above average, some is dogshit.
This particular SL-X 4-16 I would never buy that kind of scopes but I do enjoy quite a bit my Chinesium Helos 2-12 for the "DMR" style scope. I would never do a chevron hud BDC style reticle on a 20in gasser. I'd do a clean mrad or moa based 4-16, 3-15/3-18 or 2-10/2-12.
Some SL-X are pretty good like the newish (2023) 1-6 SFP Nova but that one 4-16 screams cheap turrets and poor build quality

Your input is appreciated. And the turrets were a concern I had . I actually did t mind the reticle but I’ve also not had eyes on it .

My only experience with their optics is a few 3x micro prism and a red dot - both have been perfectly serviceable and I actually really like the micro.

I’ve been look at this particular model for a 20 inch / DMR ish AR build .
Seems to have comparable features to other barns at this price point reviews seem decent just wondering amongst the Hide who’s run one or something similar and is there a major reason not to buy ?

I run one of their (newly revamped model) SLx 1-10x28 ACSS Griffin M10S scopes on my Ruger American Ranch in .300 BLK. It was one of the models that they updated in early 2022. I Really like it, and it's really nice for the $450 price tag. The glass is impressive for the price, too. I was so impressed with the overall quality of the scope that when they went on a huge sale in Dec. 2022 I picked up a 2nd one that is still sitting in the box, but it's there for when I find something to put it on.

IMG_6215.jpeg

Last edited:
Ya know it those “surprise home run” reviews and things like grand thumb having a hardon for PA optics that made me consider it .
It’s a DMR rupiah build but not a $10,000 KAK clone build - didn’t want to spend huge money on it to scratch an itch .
Figured if it was serviceable glass and the rifle clicked with me I could always upgrade . Unless the PA was total shit I could find it a home on something

I use the 1x micro prism on some rifles and the slx 1x8 FFP raptor on an mK12 for the price you can’t go wrong and their customer service is to notch imho

Attachments

• IMG_3457.jpeg
    IMG_3457.jpeg
    555.9 KB · Views: 10