• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors thought on takarev?

o1sick7

Private
Minuteman
Oct 3, 2009
utah
i have always seen them and i have shot a few. and kinda liked them. i have seen them all over for cheap as balls. and the ammo is insaneley cheap. i was just wondering if they are even worth a damn? the one is shot i only shot one mag threw it. and it seemed to be ok. but i have heard of them jamming alot. do you guys think its worth the money to pick one up?

Re: thought on takarev?

I have a friend with one. He likes it a lot. He took his CCW test with and did well. I imagine that some are shooters and others are junk. Choose wisely and don't expect too much for what you pay.

I have one. I have shot about 300 rounds through it. It is not a tack driver but I have never had a jam. And, I quick fire often just playing around. I had several to choose from and just picked the one that looked the best. It appeared to have very little wear. Good Luck

Ha ha I don't expect it to be extremely accuret. But for $180 for the gun and $170 for 1200 rds. It could be a lot of fun. I have a xdm .40 for my ccw. And a xd45 and my trusty ak for home defence.

the quality of the ammo can be lacking, at times I have had 2-3 duds per magazine. I usualy sell them quickly after getting them in on a trade because the price is good and they are better quality than a hi-point or jimenez. If you spend any time at gunshows they can be good trading material. Defenately not CCW

Lol damn. I guess I ain't shit yet. Ha ha. Captain maroni. Do you have one you would like to get rid of?

I had one in a 9mm, it was a good pistol,, the bluing and metal finish wasn't good and you could cut your thumb on the sharp edged saftey, a very slim pistol also.

Nice single stack pistol, well built, but the chamber is weak. Don't try setting velocity records with it.

I have had a few here and there. I traded my latest one to my dad for a CZ-82 instead.

ha ha nice. i want one in 7.62x25. the one i was lookin at got sold before i came back. but if anyone can finde me one il be greatfull. all the sites i check say are on back order.and all the gun dealers in utah havent been able ti find one either. damn utah.

Hey where you finding the ammo at? 1200 rounds for 170? I need some badly....

Mine functions great and i have had feeding problems with it using the old surplus ammo. But all the S&B ammo i have ran through it works without any problems. I saw a few the other day for sale i will see if I can find them again.

Check out The Sportman's Guide. 1260 rounds of 7.62 X 25 Tokarev in sealed can for $119.97 or join the club and pay $113.97. I have shot about 300 rounds and have not had a dud. A pawn shop here in town has 3 or 4 if you cannot find one somewhere else.

scout. this might be a dumb question. but is there a way i could call and have them ship me one from the pawn shop? i have never bought a gun online. and were they in good condition?

I had one for a long time,good little SA pistol for the money,hot ammo ballistics wise,weak chamber as stated above.Do not dry fire this handgun with a stock firing pin,you will break it.Better yet,buy an aftermarket steel firing pin as soon as you get it,for less than $10,it is money well spent

Hey Sick, I checked with the pawn shop all he has now is the CZ52. They shoot the 7.62x25 Tokarev round also. He does ship if you are interested in buying one.

Guru. That little uzi thing looks awesome. Did you find the ammo?

Hey Sick, I believe he $199. PM if you want to contact the pawn shop direct. It would have to ship to a FFL dealer in your area.

A CZ52 is a lot of "Bang for the Buck",cheap to shoot and I never had a misfire in all the surplus ammo I have run through.Just replace the firing pin,they are one hot pistol for the money.Lot of fun

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: o1sick7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guru. That little uzi thing looks awesome. Did you find the ammo? </div></div>

Yup thanks a bunch!