• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Thoughts and reviews on Fujinon 7x28 binoculars and Sig Romeo 5

Coonass1/5

Private
Minuteman
Aug 22, 2020
First off, I am a new member here but I have many years of military and LE experience, so I hope to learn from you guys and add whatever little knowledge I have, to share in the community. This post is not to introduce myself though, it is to offer some feedback on some recent ebay purchased optics, and get your thoughts on them.
First off is a pair of Fujifim Fujinon 7x28 DIF binoculars that I purchased on ebay (and there are still multiple pairs available last time I checked). They are sold for less than $60. Retail on them is supposedly $300. The glass quality is superb! They have a mil ranging reticle as well. They appear to be identical to military issue M24 binoculars. The differences that I noted is that the the Fujinon markings on the center are civilian, VS the military NSN and M24 marking. The ranging reticle is also correctly in 10 mil increments, unlike most M24's that are marked as "1,2,3" vs "10, 20, 30". Are you guys familiar with this model? By googling "Fujinon 7x28 DIF", I found many other sellers selling these binos, although they were all priced significantly higher. To my knowledge, Fujinon makes outstanding glass and they are usually very expensive! M24's retail for around $550 I believe. Have any of you guys tried these binoculars yet? After getting these, I'm ordering another pair, to replace my older binos. The clarity and quality appear to be much better than my trusty $280 Leupolds that Ive used for many years. My thoughts are that these must be military contract over-runs (possibly not US military) that were restamped with civilian markings? If they are counterfeit, they are the best quality counterfeits that Ive seen, and I would gladly pay $60 for the quality of these lens, no matter who manufactured them! I welcome your thoughts and insights gentlemen. And if you are looking for a great pair of compact binos, I recommend that you check them out!
Lastly, the Sig Romeo 5. I dont need to review it, Im sure everyone is aware of this model's merits for its price point. But I did just receive one from a good ebay seller, selling multiple units, at the best price I've found, less than $119 shipped. I can attest that it is authentic and brand new in factory sealed box. $118 shipped is a great price, so I figured I would pass the info along. I received the binos and the Romeo within 2 days after I ordered them too. They are different sellers and I have no connection to either seller. Just passing it along. Thanks for adding me to the group and Merry Christmas guys!