• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Thoughts on Ballistic App for iphone?

.308nerd

Private
Minuteman
Jul 30, 2010
Hello,
My dad bought the App:
KAC Bullet Flight Military Ver. 3.1.0

for his Iphone the other day, and we cant get the data from our hard dope we figured out at the range to match what the App is computing?
The range we shoot at only lets us shoot out to 200 meters, so we cant test the data the app gives us out past that for now, but even at the 100 and 200 we are an inch or so off what it should be.
Has anyone else had any issues with this App? or is it User error, and we just need to learn more about how to use it properly?
wink.gif

Thanks in advance

Re: Thoughts on Ballistic App for iphone?

IMO KAC Bulletflight is too simplistic to get really reliable field solutions, treat the results as a general 'guideline' of where you should be at. <span style="font-style: italic">Ballistic</span> on the other hand is more involved in the data input process, and as the saying goes 'GIGO' meaning 'garbage input, garbage output' so basically if you don't give the program enough information regarding your rifle/bullet/enviromental data the results it puts out won't be so spot-on.

I actually wrote the ballistic engine for iSnipe, another guy developed it into the iPhone app - As the author of the heavy lifting code I can vouch that it's definitely very accurate and about as good as you can get in terms of solving the ballistic equations.

I don't make any money off it so I don't really care what you pick. User interface preferences tends to be the biggest choice you have to make, most of the commercial programs are accurate and give good Dope when used properly.

Hey, thanks for all of your help guys. I will double check all the info we have put into the app and see if we cant get closer data.
I will also look into iSnipe, thanks again
smile.gif

i i use i snipe and bulletflight 3.1.0 (military version) both are fantastic for me i use isnipe for my .223 because i use clicks for evilation and mills for windage and bulletflught for my .308

I use knights armament on my iPhone... for what you pay for these types of apps, you easily recover the cost within a range session or two.

.308 Nerd make sure your scope settings are correctly entered, including scope height etc.

Besides that, i would say either shooter error, incorrect muzzle velocity or incorrect BC for the projectile.

^what he said.

only used it (FTE) on my 223 out to 400 but it was dead on....

if your hard dope isnt matching what the program says, play with muzzle velocity until it does (as well as entering accurate environmental data perhaps...?)

good luck mate,,

jimi