• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Thoughts on IOR Snipers Hide 3-18x42

CWSShooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2007
Austin Texas
I'm thinking about getting one of these and I was wondering what y'all thought about the quality and tracking on this scope. Thanks for any information.

Re: Thoughts on IOR Snipers Hide 3-18x42

The one I have has been running just fine for the past couple of years. I have one from the fist run and I have had no issues at all with mine.

Every one I show the optic to is very happy with it.

John

There are pictures all over the place. Try reading 1 of the 8000 threads started by someone with the question "I'm thinking about the IOR and wondered what you guys thought about them." Seriously, this subject has been beaten to death. That's why a forum lets you read threads other than ones you've started. So you can learn from what has already been said.

very good socpe! got mine a week ago and LOVE IT!

I was asking about the Snipers Hide Edition, not all IOR scopes. I have searched the threads with little information on this one. I'm glad I asked the question because I was advised of multiple issue with this particular scope and and have decided to go with a different version. Thanks to everyone who has helped me on this one.

I like John above had one of the originals which finally broke after lots and lots of rounds. I sent it off and about a week and a half later one of the 3rd generation scopes showed up. If funds allowed I would rather have a Schmidt & Bender, but for the money I don't think I am giving too much up by using the IOR. I like mine.

Chance

I have a 1 gen on my .223AI and haven't had any problems with it. About 2k rounds thru the rifle with this scope but it is not subjected to any recoil and I do hold windage and elevation for alot of my shots when shooting prairie dogs. When I do crank the knobs it tracks perfectly. I like my scope, it gives up very little to my S&B's for a substantially lower price.

Chance had a mucho rounds on his scope before it turned loose, and Scott at Liberty Optics took great care of him. With the customer service Chance had and with my personal experience I don't hesitate to recommend this scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CWSShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was asking about the Snipers Hide Edition, not all IOR scopes. </div></div>

Yes, I understood that. I stand by my statement.

http://www.google.com/cse?cx=01095583816...n&sa=Search

You could have learned all you needed to know about the "issue" and what has happened since then without having to ask anything.

I like it about 90% as much as my USO. It is a good scope for the $$ for sure.

Excellent scope for the money. A lot of refinements to make the scope even better. Scott at Liberty Optics will hook you up.

I have a Gen 3,
Very pleased with it. Only 500 rounds with it so far, No worries.

Talk to Scott, he will treat you right.

I am very interested in these scopes too, I'm looking into making my first *big* optics purchase and want to make the right choice the first time. It has all the features I want...

Talk to Scott at Liberty Optics. Great guy to do business with. I have the IOR 3x18 SH Gen 3. The first one I ordered had a problem with paint flaking off the inside of the tube. I sent it back to IOR and they replaced it no questions asked! That's customer service. The second one is sitting on top of my GAP .260 Rem, and it's outstanding. Top quality glass, tracks prefectly, well built, and a damd sight less than a S&B! Wish they had a illuminated reticle on this model....

for the shooter that wants to take your first big step to mil/mil ffp optic that has 10 mil's in one turn, a reticle that works from 3x to 18x and the ability to do holds and ranging this is a GREAT optic to own.

The price is right with rings and all that.

John

I, too, am liking my Gen 1 scope alot. About 300 rounds down the pipe with no problems yet.

J. Boyette, thanks for your early review of this scope some year ago or more. That's what convinced me to buy this scope. Thanks again for the recommendation and thorough review on Sniperworx.com.

Ive got the 2.5-10x42. I like the glass alot very good clairity. I had it mounted on my muzzleloader and had nothing but zeroing issues with it. However muzzleloaders are so finicky it could have been in the load and not in the scope. I did shoot a 1" 3 shot group @100yds with my 209x50. This past year I bought the SMI barrel to shoot 2015 smokeless power. I mounted a Leupold EFR 6.5-20x on it since I was shooting past 300yds with it. I mounted the IOR on my Tikka and still have not shot it (since the 7mm showed up). Its going to be interesting if it will hold a zero.

I've had mine since the first batch. It was on my TRg-42, 338 LM, for about 600 or so rounds. When my GAP 308 was completed, I placed it on top of that rifle. It's been there since for around another 800 or so rounds. it's definatly been an excellent scope. From what everyone was complaining about, I thought it would fall apart on my 338 LM, but not a single problem. I actually purchased another off a Hide member. The only thing I wish it had was a little more room between the turrets and the power ring. Maybe another half inch or inch. I probably will buy another as soon as my new rifle comes in.

I have a generation 2 on a TRG-22, and have loved it. After sighting in, I installed a sloped 30 moa base and calculated the change in mils and it was within a half of inch at 100 yards. I too will be calling Scott at Liberty Optics for another one for my new FN AR 308.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=dosearch&topic=0&Searchpage=1 </div></div>

Search gets funny on 3 letter words like IOR and FFP, add an * at the end of the three letter ones........you'll find lots of info.

direct answer-what jboyette said.

I've played with mine and it's being installed on my Valkyrie once the $%^# Cali wait period expires. Looks and feels really solid.

+1 to Scott @ Liberty - GREAT CS and price, and he threw in a hat and flip caps !