• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thoughts on JP rifles please

Buzzsaw

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2006
Frisco, Texas
I'm thinking about building a clone to the new Army sniper rifle M110?? but in .223. I'm also looking at a JP Rifles, JT-15. I want to compete in F-Class TR, swap optics and shoot three gun. Possible? my model numbers may be wrong above but you get the idea. got about a $1,500 budget, not including optics.

THANKS!

Re: Thoughts on JP rifles please

I would have no reservations about JP rifles at all. Top notch components and performance and second to none customer service.

That being said, like everyone else they have developed a little backlog.

Either way give John a call and at least talk to him before you decide.

Good luck, Craig

What Craig said!
JP sponsers a lot of 3 gun matches and gives back to the sport in many ways. Can't go wrong with any of their stuff.

I have one which I built (JP Upper/Jp FCG/RRA Lower), and LOVE it. Great rifle. My local range is a dealer, and I believe they have 2 in stock. Their number is 479.927.2244.

I have a 18 inch jp15 upper on the way. I ordered it in January and should be getting it next month, or so they say. If I get it next month it will be right at the end of the 8-12 weeks they said. I have a 3.5 to 10 conquest waiting for it. Just need some rings. I am getting the heat sink, lmas carrier, lw bolt and it cost me about 1260 for the upper. I am getting gitty right now just thinking about it.

A JP with a ACOG TA11 is the hot ticket for 3-gun. I've got one and it's my favorite AR. I love the adjustable gas system on it, you can dial it down to almost no recoil. I never liked the ACOG until I shot one, now I understand why it is the favorite optic for 3 gun, it's fast.

We were right across from them at the SHOT show. I fingered them a few times and was impressed with the *apparent* build quality. If I had the cash and was in the market for that type of rifle, I would give it a serious consideration.

I recently built a AR for coyote hunting...wanted something light for easy packing all day...something accurate so I could shoot to 300yrds if need be...and something that was high quality.

I went with a JP Vtac upper with a 16" barrel and comp. Like was mentioned above...the adjustable gas block is really a neat feature and lets you tune the rifle for different loads,etc.

It shoots good for a AR...I get 3/4" groups with Federal 40gr Varmint loads.

The rest of the build consist of a S&W M&P 15 lower, Timmeny 3 lb trigger, ACE stock,etc.

Is a great gun for what I use it for. I plan on another one with a 18" barrel.

Take care,Stan

I've got a JP15 lower and it is fantastic. I wish my budget was such I could afford a CTR-02. They build a great rifle and for 3 gun, it is all I could ask for.

That being said, I think that for the $, you can do as well or better for less money as far as the uppers go.

I went with an 18 inch upper...has rifle gas system, but is a little handier than the 20. I am likin it lots. No groups to report, sorry, but 100% reliable with decent ammo. The upper is on a Bushy lower I had but with a JP trigger, which is required LOL.

100_6212.jpg

Good stuff guys, Thanks,

Stan, your rifle looks like what I'm shooting for. Maybe the 18" barrel, 1-7 or 1-8 twist for heavier bullets. I am hopingr for a little better accuracy, I may be deaming though.

I have an 18 inch barrel with a Chip McCormick 2 stage curved match trigger. The best I have shot with it so far were head shots on an Iron maiden at 500meters. It is louder than normal AR-15s because of the flash suppressor.