• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thoughts on KRG X-ray (Newbie)

nubz0389

Private
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2023
Baltimore, MD
As the title say, I am just getting into long range shooting and wanted to upgrade my rem 700 in 308 to a better chassis (running the stock...stock). Was offered a KRG X-Ray for $375 and was wondering if that deal was good enough to jump on or grab a new Bravo instead. Or if there are any other recommendations for around that price point I am all ears.

That's a good deal but have you felt an Xray and know you like it? I think the Bravo is more comfortable...

Reactions: nubz0389
You'll be fine with the X-ray. I would suggest a Area 419 weighted arca rail, since it can be a bit of a pain to add weight to the front of
the polymer fore end of the X-ray. It will also give you a little extra length for use with a bag,

You'll be fine with the X-ray. I would suggest a Area 419 weighted arca rail, since it can be a bit of a pain to add weight to the front of
the polymer fore end of the X-ray. It will also give you a little extra length for use with a bag,
Fortunately my 700 is a 26" heavy barrel so there is already a lot of weight out over the front end.

Reactions: kindabitey
That's a good deal but have you felt an Xray and know you like it? I think the Bravo is more comfortable...
I have not but I have also never felt a Bravo so I am at least starting from a position of pure ignorance since either would be more comfortable than what I have now.

i started with a xray years and years ago

it was solid. but soon replaced.

that's a decent price even though the bravo is more popular in the same price range

i prefer the xray to the bravo, narrower grip than the bravos fat palm. But you can get wider grip panels for the xray if you so desired

I tend to prefer a narrow grip from an amputation I had when I was younger so thats super helpful
Might consider the mdt xrs too, its got a relatively thin slanted grip and Id say its the bravos main competition in the marketplace.