• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thoughts on Leupold Santiam HD 15x56 vs Meostar 15x56 HD?

GoForBroke45

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2017
Northern California
Looking to pick up some binos for matches and was wondering if anyone has experience with these two models especially the Santiam HD as there's not much info out there and the use of AK prism makes me think that light transmission would be better than the Meoptas?
Thanks for the help

Good morning,

I saw your post and thought, as a long standing supporting vendor here, I would reach out to you. We have not had the Leupold in our hands to evaluate one, however, we have done extensive testing of the Meopta and it matches side by side with the Swarovski SLC . As a member here we can offer you a new Meopta MeoStar 15x56 for $1,299.99. It truly is a great optic.
If you'd like to discuss one please give me a call, 516-217-1000.
Have a great day,
Doug

I've looked through the Leupolds next to my Swaro 15x56 HD, and the Leupold is very good. I've also heard nothing but good about the Meopta's, my spotting scope is Meopta and the glass is stellar.

Good discussion here... seems opinions on Meopta vs Leupold go back/forth with a few more favoring Meopta.

http://www.rokslide.com/forums/optics/69065-leupold-bx-5-santiam-hd-15x56-2.html

You won't go wrong either way IMO, and the price from Doug on those Meoptas is very attractive.

Reactions: Wyzrd and JS624
Doug, what is the weight difference between the Swarovski and the Meoptas?
Does the Meopta have a tripod mount?
Thank you

I bought the Meoptas from Doug and could not be happier.

It was my understanding that Leupold stopped making their binos inhouse here in the US. Has that changed? If not, my guess is they are made in Asia like their other binos. In which case I am certain the Meostars are superior.

This probably doesn't help, but I have a pair of trijicon binos, made by Meopta, and they are rediculous. Better than any of my Leica's or Zeiss. I didn't think I would ever say that, but tis true. Mine are only 10X, so again, maybe not useful for your needs. I'd love to try out the 15X meopta's.

My local swaro rep will probably knock me over the head, but the Meoptas sure hold their own against the Swaro’s. I was set on getting the SLC’s but the Meoptas fit my eyes better and are easier to get focused. Definitely recommend trying them both out before you buy one of these stellar pieces.

I've been running a pair of the Leupold's since last fall. They are about 90% of the Swaro in the opinion of myself and several people that have compared them side by side. I've noticed the focus/diopter adjustment can be a little finicky for me, but I think that's my eyes playing tricks as nobody else has had the issue. I'd definitely buy another set and recommend them to others.

Reactions: Wyzrd and JS624