• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thoughts on my Dope Card?

mrtoyz

Armchair Commando
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2009
Western WA
IMG_6227.jpeg

Interested in hearing your thoughts on my dope card idea. To little info? Different info?
I’m sure I’m like alot of you in that I often need a dope “refresher” for my different rifles. My plan is make these for most of my guns.

Does the inch column serve any purpose? If you got rid of it, could the other columns be bigger? Maybe some sense of scale would help me not see it as tiny. Also, where on the gun?

ETA….OH, THATS THE BUTTSTOCK. Looks good. Still, ditch the inches column.

Reactions: R_A_W
Ditch the inch column. Ditch the hundredths digit. Does your scope dial for hundredths of a mil?

I put the caliber, the ammo, and the MV at the bottom of mine because I also keep dope cards in my pack and I don’t want any question about which rifle it’s for (I usually don’t tape them on my rifles).

keep it simple as a quick reference. I also do a ’dope disk’ in my scope caps out to 500. Anything farther than that, I figure I have time to reference a dope card.

Attachments

• IMG_4401.jpeg
    IMG_4401.jpeg
    433.1 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_4400.jpeg
    IMG_4400.jpeg
    465 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Assuming this is an AR and 223/556. Why a 50 yard zero?

Ditch the inch column. Ditch the hundredths digit. Does your scope dial for hundredths of a mil?

I put the caliber, the ammo, and the MV at the bottom of mine because I also keep dope cards in my pack and I don’t want any question about which rifle it’s for (I usually don’t tape them on my rifles).

keep it simple as a quick reference. I also do a ’dope disk’ in my scope caps out to 500. Anything farther than that, I figure I have time to reference a dope card.
Great point on the hundredths. I was simply regurgitating Ballistic AE. Lol

Reactions: trob
You might condense it and start at 250 (it's only .5 mil off up or down from 50-250) then use 50 yd increments to about 700. You could use the same space and make the font bigger. Of course, ditching the inch column too

I gotta say this is the first, per 25yds, click to maintain absolute zero throughout the whole range I've ever seent.
Are you shooting golf balls or something? My shit looks like this:

50/200 zero 77SMK 2730fps. Center mass to 250, shoulders to 400, head 500, halo 600.

AND:
IMG_6227.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: PBWalsh and D1gger
I gotta say this is the first, per 25yds, click to maintain absolute zero throughout the whole range I've ever seent.
Are you shooting golf balls or something? My shit looks like this:

50/200 zero 77SMK 2730fps. Center mass to 250, shoulders to 400, head 500, halo 600.

AND:
View attachment 8266053
Like I said above this was me regurgitating Ballistic AE to get something made up. Having said that this wears a 1-8 and my hope was to keep the layout consistent across all guns and calibers. Maybe need to rethink that.

Like I said above this was me regurgitating Ballistic AE to get something made up. Having said that this wears a 1-8 and my hope was to keep the layout consistent across all guns and calibers. Maybe need to rethink that.
I really dig the see through tape range card thing tho. You could list 50yd increments and start the dialing the "UP" at 300yds. Or whatever the fuck you want. Your brain and your gun! :LOL:

How was this made?

Reactions: Musket_0
Anybody see the "weaponized gravity"? I'd put those coefficients on a dope card. Ironic though since one is supposed to use that if they forget their dope card...;)