• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Thoughts on New Setup

6.81star

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2008
Nebraska
My budget right know allows for about $700. I have a 700 police .308. What do you think of this setup:
Rings: Burris XTR
Rail: Badger Ord.
Scope: Luep. VX-3 6.5x20 (until I can get a Nightforce then this setup will go to my 22-250).
Is this a good setup or is their others that are better for the same money. I was looking a rails and how would I know if I would need a cant or not.

Re: Thoughts on New Setup

Rings, check.

Base, get an EGW instead, for $39.99 plus shipping from EGW. (Google for 'em...) Get one with 20-25 MOA built in.

Scope, I vote for a Nikon Buckmaster 6-18x40 (or 4.5-14x40 if you'd rather have mildot reticle) for about $300.

Now you've got about $400 into your setup, all of which is better than decent. Spend the rest on ammo.

Later, re-deploy the gear to your .22-250, and you're golden.

Don't let other guys spend (more than) your budget. Be fiscally responsible, unlike the government (and all too many of your neighbors). Don't be "normal". Normal = broke

wink.gif

Re: Thoughts on New Setup

you can get the nikon 6-18 in a mil-dot too but only midway carries that scope with mil-dots. they usually are $299