• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thoughts on Right bolt, left eject.

Southern Custom

Master Engraver
Minuteman
  • I’m about to set up a new gun that will double as my fun range paper punching gun and F class 600 yard gun and I’m intrigued by a right hand bolt with left hand ejection setup. Is anyone running this setup and if so what are your thoughts? I unfortunately missed out on a brand new TL3 in the PX a few weeks back but I’m thinking about ordering one set up this way.

Reactions: jcmullis2
    I can tell you, as a lefty who shot righty rifles for years, being able to single load rounds into the chamber with my support hand and visually verify if the chamber is clear/safe was nice. Down side: when you single load a round with your support hand, you still need to work the bolt with your dominant hand. So, its extra hand work. If you're not on that much of a time constraint (like in F Class), then life is good. But, if cumulative time is a factor like in certain competitions (NRL/PRS), then that extra couple seconds of hand work can make the difference on whatever place you finish.

Now, I shoot lefty bolt guns and just keep support hand in place and do everything with my dominant hand. But I mainly do cumulative time events, so thats just me.

It has it's benefits as clsutom1911 pointed out. You can keep your shooting/trigger hand on the gun and you can run the gun faster per say.

That being said and I'm a lefty also....I shoot a left bolt and left port. Why? Case failures etc...are rare but if it does happen your face is right by the open ejection port.

Later, Frank
    Bartlein Barrels

I have a TL3 right bolt left port. The downside I noticed was stocks made for it.