• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Thoughts on SF 762 cans

lj_1187

Private
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2012
Amarillo, TX
Im in the market for my first suppressor. Price is not an issue. I want the most rugged, long lasting can that still gives great dB reduction. I plan to use it on a 16" 762 gas gun. I heard a lot of good things on AAC, but have been told SF can have a better locking design and built to last longer than them. I know they just got a huge military contract. What are your thoughts on SF 762 cans? How much louder are they compared to say the AAC equivalent?

Re: Thoughts on SF 762 cans

1. Be prepared to wait, especially for the SF. Buy from a stocking dealer if you can.

2. The SF has (IMO) an excellent locking collar which I prefer over my AAC. That being said, both suppressors are robust to say the least. Either would work well.

You should be trying to find a dealer so that you can hear the differences between the two cans you're comparing. They will likely have noticeably different pitch sounds. Don't get too carried away with dB readings.

Where are you located?

There are many great suppressors now in my opinion you cant go wrong with AWC. I have four AWC items now and many more pending they are very impressive. I prefer direct thread cans and have been using a AWC Thundertrap .338 can on everything from a huge .338-408 CT wildcat down to a 300 blackout and its working great. I do have another .30 Thor Ti AWC can pending I should have in 45-60 days also. I do agree finding one in stock is very smart and you dont think you will find the AWC's sitting around unfortunately. If you are in Texas Jim Self of Dallas Sub guns stocks a great amount of items and his paperwork is done as good as you can find. It will all be typed out with sticky notes to help you not make an error. PG

SF will be louder to the ear then AAC
SF has a better locking mechanism
AAC did just release their new 91t mounting system which locks up more solid then the older ones.

SF will be a lot more $ then AAC when it comes to picking a 7.62 can.

I went thru this last year when the SDN6 just were out.
I purchased a SDN6 (still waitin on the from 4) It was going to be for my Larue PredatAR, and 300Blckout, 300WM. Apparently some people had issues with the SDN6 mounts. they were not snug on the FH. AAC went from 18t to 51T and now 90T FH.
My AAC SDN6 will be my 300blck SBR can. If the POI change is GOOD, I may look at mounting it on something else..
I haven't look too much at AAC this year. not sure what they and the Freedom Group are doing. AAC has had some change of management.
I did look at the 762Mini, their db is not as good as the 762K cans. they are on the street and available.
I just send 2 AR uppers for Concentric Bore check with the threads.. for a couple hundred bucks. its money well spent.
YMMV

The surefire can is on my list of toys. I like the mounts more than the AAC personally. And the Corps got away from the KAC cans and adapters and went to surefire. The only down side I have seen is the cost. Lead time for your form 4 will be 3-6 months anyhow, based on my states lead time.