• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thoughts on the Aero Precision SOLUS ?

With what's going on in the industry with prices of custom actions I like it, I'd want to get one in and run it before I start building them for customers.

Also coming from a gunsmith who does threading and chambering, I don't necessarily like "pre-fit" actions but its what the industry is moving to....

I like aero stuff, I’m sure I’ll end up with one eventually.

It’s the lowest price integral scope base and recoil lug action available by about $5-600. It also takes Bighorn origin shouldered prefits. I think at $900 they may have a winner as long as the action itself runs well. If the action is smooth and the ejection good, Aero will sell a boat load of them.

If the street prices end up as far below MSRP as their other products, they will have a big winner on their hands.

Plus, more origin prefits for me.

Reactions: jb0311
It’s the lowest price integral scope base and recoil lug action available by about $5-600. It also takes Bighorn origin shouldered prefits. I think at $900 they may have a winner as long as the action itself runs well. If the action is smooth and the ejection good, Aero will sell a boat load of them.

That's pretty much my take too, it was a good move to match the Origin tenon and it checks a lot of boxes for the price. It might be nice to have an action that takes the same barrels as my Origin. I might just get another Origin, but this offering has some nice features for the price, I'll let some folks be the guinea pigs, but I could see my self with one if the execution lives up to the product page.

They are going to be very heavy if they have to clamp on a Big Horn shouldered Prefit.

Reactions: rippit

Like their AR's, I'm sure they're for the poors. Can't wait for the inevitable "I'm having problems with my POS frankengun" threads to infest the bolt action forum like they do on the semi auto side.....

Reactions: stanley_white
Like their AR's, I'm sure they're for the poors. Can't wait for the inevitable "I'm having problems with my POS frankengun" threads to infest the bolt action forum like they do on the semi auto side.....
Huh? I think aero makes great lowers and uppers. I have an aero BCG that has about 2k rounds on it. No issues. I frequent the semi auto forum. Don't ever see much of anyone with problems as far as function goes with aero. The BA barrels are some of the worst Ive ever shot though. That's nice that you are excited to see people trying to enjoy something on a budget and are excited to hopefully see them have problems. You must be fun at parties.

lord-of-the-rings-you-dont-mean-that.gif

$1624 is a compelling price for a complete custom rifle, so they'll certainly sell a few.

The big question is, will they shoot?
My cheap 10” Aero .300 BLK upper shoots lights-out with 220 subs (for what it is). I have few doubts their bolt gun will be any different. Just my thoughts. 🤷🏼

Reactions: Dildobaggins
I've been having a hard time finding anything about accuracy for the complete rifle. They say they're going to start selling barreled actions soon but I'm not a buyer until I see some numbers.

I've been having a hard time finding anything about accuracy for the complete rifle. They say they're going to start selling barreled actions soon but I'm not a buyer until I see some numbers.
if they were smart they'd put proof prefits on them from the start

IMO, Aero is great - their ARs raised the bar for quality at a low price point. I'd guess their bolt gun will do the same and be a serious RPR competitor for "best bang for your buck". That said, most of us on this forum are chasing the diminishing returns of custom rifles, but I don't think that's a fair comparison. Aero is for n00bs, poors, or cheap bastards who just don't want to spend more money but still want a decent quality rifle. No shame in that. As Ruger found out with the RPR launch, that's a big market.

The action seems decent enough; a great buy when they do one of their sales. But I don't really care about BA's AR barrels so why would I want a bolt barrel from them?
You can find savage factory take offs for around 200$ which will probably shoot better since they have been making bolt guns for a long time. They will have to price the barreled actions at 1100$ since that's what I can put one together for.

If anyone finds any numbers on these post a link. Sub MOA doesn't say much for a custom if you're doing ELR. If they turn out to be good I'll do a 6.5 prc with one if they come out with a bolt.

I think it is good for our community. It opens up more doors/exposure to shooter with no experience with bolt action. It could be new shooter first bolt rifle with reasonable price/quality. Aero is a well known brand that good at targeting their demographic.

My apologies, I was under the impression that pre-orders had started, though it may have been turned off. Here is the thread on it for anyone interested and I'll stop derailing this thread.

The action seems decent enough; a great buy when they do one of their sales. But I don't really care about BA's AR barrels so why would I want a bolt barrel from them?
You can find savage factory take offs for around 200$ which will probably shoot better since they have been making bolt guns for a long time. They will have to price the barreled actions at 1100$ since that's what I can put one together for.
Savage take off for $200? Where at? compared to any custom that I know of, or have used savage is junk. They always have extraction issues, and after talking with a few people who know what they are talking about and sell the actions themselves. I'd never buy one. The free-floating bolt, mixed with very loose tolerances in the manufacturing process makes for inevitable trouble. Not trying to start an argument, just my opinion. If Aero nails it, and it's on par with a defiance, Tikka, Nuke, bighorn etc. I'd buy it, just for the brand name on the side because I like aero products.

Savage take off for $200? Where at? compared to any custom that I know of, or have used savage is junk. They always have extraction issues, and after talking with a few people who know what they are talking about and sell the actions themselves. I'd never buy one. The free-floating bolt, mixed with very loose tolerances in the manufacturing process makes for inevitable trouble. Not trying to start an argument, just my opinion. If Aero nails it, and it's on par with a defiance, Tikka, Nuke, bighorn etc. I'd buy it, just for the brand name on the side because I like aero products.

Reactions: FredHammer
I probably could have been a little more specific with how I wrote that. I have a 20" 308 savage take-off that I regularly hit .75moa and have even hit just over .5 a few times with my handloads. BA will really need to step it up if they want to even just match Savage.

I probably could have been a little more specific with how I wrote that. I have a 20" 308 savage take-off that I regularly hit .75moa and have even hit just over .5 a few times with my handloads. BA will really need to step it up if they want to even just match Savage.
Lol, I just have bad reading comprehension. I agree. BA seems to be hit or miss, and when they miss, its bad. First sr barrel I ever had was a 5.56 barrel from BA. Tried every factory load, and hand load I could think of, and it wouldn't group under 1moa at 100 yards. Thought it was me the whole time. Got a WOA barrel, and the problem went away real quick.

Looks like ass… not sure why one would buy it over a CDG.
Well... if the fact it looks like ass means they cut costs on asthetics that my be a good thing. I notice the bolt is not fluted. It could be a good action without all the money spent making it look pretty. I watched some videos of it. The cocking sounds crisp and it seems to be smooth. I used a 737r on my last build but I can save 500 bucks and put it towards a chassis...why not as long as I'm not sacrificing accuracy.

Well... if the fact it looks like ass means they cut costs on asthetics that my be a good thing. I notice the bolt is not fluted. It could be a good action without all the money spent making it look pretty. I watched some videos of it. The cocking sounds crisp and it seems to be smooth. I used a 737r on my last build but I can save 500 bucks and put it towards a chassis...why not as long as I'm not sacrificing accuracy.
It's not smooth at all. It's very clunky feeling.

Opinion based on videos I have seen of it. It seems competitive in price only until you remember there is a CDG.

The action is smooooth. No binding. Can run with one finger.

Holy shit that looks nice. Just went on to areos website. For 899 it looks pretty damn nice. It says "trigger hanger." Did you have to modify the bravo chassis at all to get it to fit properly?

Reactions: FredHammer
No the trigger hanger clears just fine. It's like Aero made the action for the KRG.
That's awesome. I'm seriously contemplating one now. Done with defiance after they almost doubled the price of the tenacity action and all the others as well.

That's awesome. I'm seriously contemplating one now. Done with defiance after they almost doubled the price of the tenacity action and all the others as well.
Yup. Aero and ARC got my business. I have a Magpul Pro, Aero 17" chassis stock coming to try out too.

Reactions: BajaMedic