• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Thoughts on the new AAC Ranger 7

NightHunt

Private
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2022
I know that these are relatively new, but was curious if anyone has had any experience with them. I already own some of the AAC legacy 51T cans and a majority of my MD's are 51T.

The option of the "standardized" direct thread and the 51T adapter is appealing for the reasons above. They claim the 51T adapter was designed to eliminate the wobble and boast a solid lockup. They also have a user serviceable end cap and are rated for .300WM

I spent some time "fitting" my original mounts and all have a positive lock up, and deliver repeatable results now. I just am leary of caving to the idea of convenience and winding up with huge POI shifts after removal / install or non repeatable results...

There's so many good and very affordable options out there now it's almost overwhelming. I don't shoot ELR and a majority of what I do is inside of 300 m/y. I mostly hunt wild boar on my property and try to do my part in reducing the nine banded armadillo population lol.

Primary calibers - .223, .308, 300 BO & 300 WM.

I'd be greatful for anyone who can provided any info with first hand experience behind one.

I have an AAC Ranger 2. I sent it to AAC 3 times for the same issue, the threads inside the can were non concentric to the shoulder and caused only about a third of the can to shoulder against the barrel. It made anything I threaded it on shoot 12” + groups with insane POI shift too.

The first two trips AAC’s solution was to re cerakote the can so that the fucked up seating surface on the rear looked fresh again. Fuck them for doing that. Finally the third time they admitted the can was fucked and they no longer had the parts to fix it. Offered me a replacement that was less than what I paid for mine and wasn’t what I wanted and used their shitty 90T system and I’d have to pay the tax stamp and wait. A couple years ago I sent it off the ECCO machine to have it modified to use silencerco omega style mounts and now it’s a usable can although not the perfect can.

I wouldn’t take an AAC can if it was free along with the tax stamp, not worth the time to fill out the paperwork IMO when they’re such a shit company. I also have an AAC 762-SD that was also nothing but problems with that shitty mount until I had ECCO modify it too.

If you want the best then buy a TBAC, other than that you can pick pretty much anything else but a AAC and end up with a better can and far better CS.

ACC is literally the shittiest company and suppressors, you could pick nearly anyone else and be fine. There’s so many good options out there now I don’t know why anyone would buy anything from ACC.

Thunderbeast and CGS are excellent places to start, they both offer cans to cover any application.

ACC is literally the shittiest company and suppressors, you could pick nearly anyone else and be fine. There’s so many good options out there now I don’t know why anyone would buy anything from ACC.

Thunderbeast and CGS are excellent places to start, they both offer cans to cover any application.

Crux and Huntertown said hold my beer.

The m4-2000 is still a good can if you get the mounts figured out

I get their response. I wasn't at all satisfied when I got my 762SDN-6's. At the time I was switching one between a 7.5", .300 BO and an 11.5", .223. I was using the other between 2 .308 bolt actions and an LR .308.

I thought I threw a couple grand in the trash until I turned all the mount mating surfaces. After that I was happy. They've served me well for a long time and deliver repeatable results.

I'm hoping to find someone with real experience with the new Ranger series, specifically the 7. It checks alot of boxes for me. I knew going into it there would be a lot of negative comments on AAC legacy products and rightfully so.

Last edited:

Why would anyone want to fuck with mounts for a mediocre can when they can get a better one without any issues and from a company that’ll actually be around in the future?

I get their response. I wasn't at all satisfied when I got my 762SDN-6's. At the time I was switching one between a 7.5", .300 BO and an 11.5", .223. I was using the other between 2 .308 bolt actions and an LR .308.

I thought I thew a couple grand in the trash until I turned all the mount mating surfaces. After that I was happy. They've served me well for a long time and deliver repeatable results.

I'm hoping to find someone with real experience with the new Ranger series, specifically the 7. It checks alot of boxes for me. I knew going into it there would be a lot of negative comments on AAC legacy products and rightfully so.

If you’re dead set on aac have at it but there’s nothing they make that someone else doesn’t do better.

Reactions: BurtG
Just wondering if the complaints about AAC is from after the take over from the new owners in the last 1 or 2 years or back during the Remington days ?

I do love my Q Trash panda . I don't know if it is in your price range.

Reactions: NightHunt
Just wondering if the complaints about AAC is from after the take over from the new owners in the last 1 or 2 years or back during the Remington days ?

I do love my Q Trash panda . I don't know if it is in your price range.
I've considered the trash panda. Price isn't a huge concern. I would like to avoid having to swap all my muzzle devices if possible. That being said if the new AAC 51T to 1.375x24 adapter does what they say then it doesn't matter. I can go with pretty much anything and be gtg.

If you’re dead set on aac have at it but there’s nothing they make that someone else doesn’t do better.
I'm less dead set on one, than I am open to feedback about their current products. I completely get where your coming from. I just would like some objective evidence from someone that owns one.

We could talk about the 51T shortcomings for the next ten years. However if there's been design & process improvements along the way, what's the harm in looking into it?

Why would anyone want to fuck with mounts for a mediocre can when they can get a better one without any issues and from a company that’ll actually be around in the future?

The m4-2000 is far from mediocre, shines well on short barrel FA. I've got no experience with a ranger can, but I can't fault someone invested in a system of mounts across many guns and a legacy can stockpile to want to stay with them.

Unless you have first hand recent experience with AAC and this can, I'm not sure we're doing the OP much good

The m4-2000 is far from mediocre, shines well on short barrel FA. I've got no experience with a ranger can, but I can't fault someone invested in a system of mounts across many guns and a legacy can stockpile to want to stay with them.

Unless you have first hand recent experience with AAC and this can, I'm not sure we're doing the OP much good

Yea you’re right but cutting losses on a current system vs doubling down is a consideration. If I was in that situation I’d dump the 51T system, have Ecco change the mount on my current ACC cans and go with something else. That’s what I did with my SDN6 and have no regrets.

I have a TM300, M4-2000 and 556SD made perfect by ECCO Machine with Area419 Hellfire Omega mount and Plan A mounts respectively.

Yea you’re right but cutting losses on a current system vs doubling down is a consideration. If I was in that situation I’d dump the 51T system, have Ecco change the mount on my current ACC cans and go with something else. That’s what I did with my SDN6 and have no regrets.
Their new cans come standard with direct thread 1.375x24. There's no issue with my current cans or adapters. Therefore no loss to cut and no reason to have them converted.

I guess I could provide more info on what I would be trying to accomplish.
I plan to only use the legacy cans and mounts on my AR style rifles. I plan on allocating two new suppressors to my bolt guns and occasionally a LR308 via direct thread.

The 51T adapter just released By AAC has been supposedly engineered to have a positive lockup with no wobble. If that proves to be fact, then the new cans could be swapped to my other rifles.

Reactions: Jnull