• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Thoughts on Wilson Combat's Whisper supressor

noliver

Private
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2012
Georgia
I know that the whisper is a fairly new suppressor. I know all the specs on this suppressor. I am particularly interested in this suppressor because it is short and light. I am interested in how it performs compared to the other big name supressors as for as how quite it is, the poi shift and how easily it an be taken off of a bolt gun and put on an ar15. So if anyone has any experience with the whisper compared to the other big name supressors please please please let me know. In other words would this supressor be worth purchasing over the other big name supressors. I know Wilson combat makes some good stuff, I am just not sure about their supressors.

Re: Thoughts on Wilson Combat's Whisper supressor

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nasty Shot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know that the whisper is a fairly new suppressor. I know all the specs on this suppressor. I am particularly interested in this suppressor because it is short and light. I am interested in how it performs compared to the other big name supressors as for as how quite it is, the poi shift and how easily it an be taken off of a bolt gun and put on an ar15. So if anyone has any experience with the whisper compared to the other big name supressors please please please let me know. In other words would this supressor be worth purchasing over the other big name supressors. I know Wilson combat makes some good stuff, I am just not sure about their supressors. </div></div>

I dont know of a single one in civilian or dealers hands. Hard to find someone willing to pay the $$$ they want when you can get a proven can for less.

Just because a company makes a good X part, doesn't mean their Y part is good.

StalkingRhino, I tend to agree with you. Just curious more than anything else. It could be a good one but that is a lot of money to spend on something that is not proven.

From what I can tell they are overpriced.

I know one of the reps. I have shot it one several times on a 5.56. It was fat and silver. It was nice but not show stopping. sounded like most other 5.56 suppressors. It was short which was nice. I guess they have to increase the diameter to keep the volume makes since but it just looks like an overgrown oil filter on the end of the gun. I guess my only complaints are purely cosmetic.

There are a few guys on the 68Fourms that run them on their rigs, haven't heard anything bad. I will agree about the price, would not be my choice either. That being said, I believe all cans are over priced for what they are...

Not one that would be classified as "other big names suppressors."
Wilson had some strong favorites before this project, after this offering, I would imagine his old favorites are not feeling the least bit threatened. Proof that it takes more than a spoonful to make an accurate, quiet suppressor worth their relatively high price. If this was a car, it would be a Camaro with the wrong sticker in its window.