• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thoughts or experiences on the GPOTAC 1-8x24 FFP LPVO compared to others on the market

JDB55

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2021
Tennessee
Hey guys,

So I posted this in another thread but didn't want to hijack that thread to satisfy my own question. I've heard just a little bit about the GPOTac 1-8x24 LPVO from German precision optics, but there isn't much on it. I read Koshkins initial thoughts on it from his website "opticsthoughts.com" but at the time he said it was a prototype model and the illumination would be brighter in the production model. I was looking to see if anyone has any experience with the production model 1-8x24 and how it compares to others in the price range on the market. I know this could turn into a general discussion thread on "best LPVO" but if we do get more general, I'm looking exclusively in the 1-8x24(28) mag ranges right now for various reasons. So discussions on this LPVO vs the eotech Vudu, trijicon accupower/credo, Burris xtr II 1-8x24 would be helpful as well. Keep in mind anything over the 2k mark is outside of my budget, and I'm familiar with the razor gen III 1-10 as my brother has one. Thanks!