• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Thread adapter

Hogshooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 23, 2003
Powhatan, Va
Several years ago I purchased a 1/2x28 to 5/8x24 thread adapter to use my .308 can on a .223 rifle. I purchased this from a member here that manufactured them. I recently lost it during a move and want to get another but I cannot remember the members name. Can any point me in the right direction....thanks

Re: Thread adapter

I believe you bought it from me. I live in VA too. The place to get it is Tornadotechnologies.com. I have actually been thinking of getting me another one.

Thanks for the replys. I just solved my problem by ordering one from Brownells made by TROS.

Hogshooter,
Can you let us know how it works out for you? I am looking to get similar adaptor now that my QD can is a thread on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: banks74</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The TROS ones work great! </div></div>

+1 on TROS. I bought one for my T3 Tac to convert from metric to 1/2x28. It is well made and does the job nicely.

Few come close to Mark's (Tros) work, there are lots that don't.

Aside from fully gauged threads and proper shoulders. He can be relied on to tell you straight out when a particular transition is just plain a bad idea. The adapter game has consequences and Mark's products make those consequences as remote a probability as possible.

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">I believe Delta P. Design makes a 1/2x28 to 5/8x24 adapter. Fit and finish on his products are top knotch.</span>

The Delta P. adapter is 3/4x24 to 5/8x24