• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors thread on supressor problem

jroberts

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2007
dover,delaware
whenever i put my thread on supressor on my rifle and shoot a match or just get it hot it tends to want to get locked on the barrel..i keep the threads greased upbut it dosent seem to matter,,,i hate having to crack it in between events because im worried about changing my p.o.i...anybody out there have any tricks that i dont know about to help keep it from being locked on after it gets hot...

Re: thread on supressor problem

I have a new can and have been having the exact problem as you. After shooting with a guy who makes supressors, he said that it is likely that the threads on the rifle are just a bit long and are getting dirty. Gotta work it back and forth, but what a pain.

After talking to AAC today, they recommended the lubricant Kroil. Numerous guys I shoot with recommended Kroil as well.

What can are you shooting? I'm shooting a Cyclone. Just curious.

im shooting a gem tech tps 30.....i was thinking it was getting bound up on the end where it contacts the barrel and a washer would help..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jroberts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">im shooting a gem tech tps 30.....i was thinking it was getting bound up on the end where it contacts the barrel and a washer would help.. </div></div>

You don't want to put anything between the can and the cut shoulder of your barrel as it could change the shoulder angle where the can bottoms out, making the can misaligned with the bore, which could cause at a minimum baffle/endcap strikes and at worst a complete grenading of the can.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scott A Cousino</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jroberts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">im shooting a gem tech tps 30.....i was thinking it was getting bound up on the end where it contacts the barrel and a washer would help.. </div></div>

You don't want to put anything between the can and the cut shoulder of your barrel as it could change the shoulder angle where the can bottoms out, making the can misaligned with the bore, which could cause at a minimum baffle/endcap strikes and at worst a complete grenading of the can. </div></div>

agreed. Try the Kroil first. then go to a machine shop or autoparts store and get yourself a tube of high heat anti seize grease. apply some all the way around the end of the threads. Then put a little on your finger and rub the threads on the inside of the can. Make sure when you go to clean your rifle, you take the can off and use a brass brush to clean off the threads on barrel and suppressor. then reapply the anti seize....

good luck!