• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thread pitch for Remington 700 swivel bolts..

Krab

Private
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2012
I'm trying to mount a picatinny rail towards the front of my Remington 700 in order to attach my bipod, but need to install bolts that have a short head so they won't protrude into the slots. I've been looking for replacement bolts to do this, but can't seem to find the thread pitch/size for the swivel bolts. Any help is appreciated.

Reactions: SouthwestLRS
Re: Thread pitch for Remington 700 swivel bolts..

I don't know what you mean by slots, but I am assuming you are wanting to replace the front stud with a rail? I have installed a couple of studs in rifles, one was just a screw-in, the other, I had to use a stud with a nut. I cut a recess in the barrel channel for the nut and cut the bolt length to fit. I would think a good hardware store would have a selection of bolts to fit your application. If you are using swivel studs, I believe Uncle Mikes has an assortment of studs with nuts for different types of rifle applications.

Re: Thread pitch for Remington 700 swivel bolts..

If your stock has Tee-nuts installed, and the swivel studs have machine-screw threads, and not "wood screw" type threads, then you need 10-32 threads.

Sockethead cap screws (that you turn with an allen-key) are what you need. Unless you get special low-profile ones, the head of the bolt will hang into the slot a little. Personally, I wouldn't sweat it, unless you NEED every slot in the pic rail.