• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Thread spacer or not

ROLEXrifleman

Snipers Hide Original
Minuteman
  • Dec 23, 2004
    INDIANA
    Just picked up a Ruger 1022 with a threaded barrel. Was looking to use my gemtech GM 22 but then remembered about thread length! Needless to say the Ruger barrel has rifle length threads. When I screw the suppressor on till it indexes on the shoulder it goes we deep into the can. Being mono core I think it’s a little more forgiving and wouldn’t even try it with my element2.

Long story short, do I need the spacer for the GM 22 or just go ahead and shoot it like it is?

Thanks in advance

2irsx02.jpg
    2irsx02.jpg

What Zak said. I've got a couple monocore cans and also an integral 10/22 bbl like that. Monocore works great with the .22's. But one of them, the Essence, it gets gunked up pretty easy and if it's not cleaned after 200 or so rounds, it's gonna have problems.

A spacer is gonna screw with the runout I'm sure but I don't know how much that's gonna affect a monocore can either. I'd chop it and while you're at it make sure the shoulder is square with minimal runout.

Don't think my Liberty cans have that problem, you'd think most .22 cans would be designed with Ruger in mind since they're so popular.