• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Threaded barrel options?

maxpower220

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2010
Pensacola, FL
I just purchase an AAC 9mm can (so now I wait). I want to use it on my Glock 19, Walther PPK and 10/22.

I have seen Lone Wolf Glock barrels threaded and wanted to know if they are OK or if there is a better option.

Has anyone threaded a PPK and which route did you take? I am leaning toward finding a PP barrel and having it threaded and installed. Is there a better option?

I have no issues finding a threaded 10/22 barrel. I shoot at the range and the PPK is my carry. I will not be trying to carry with the can, so the barrel length and option to thread it is a factor. Thanks.

Re: Threaded barrel options?

i ran with a storm lake 34 barrel (or whatever 9mm long slide takes)....had my gunplumber thread it and .....i found the lonewolf patterened like a shotgun.....whatever you end up with ....savvy a cut barrel

btw....nothin wrong w/schlepping a suppressed carry piece......just retain a copy of your form four

I have a lone wolf for my 34. Use it with a Trident & a Tundra. Never had the first issue with it. I still shoot IPSC matches with the barrel and it as accurate as I need it to be.

With the Walther since it is a non locking blowback gun, your silencer will need the spacer to replace the operational spring in the booster to lock out the mechanism.

Also I suspect you will need an over powered recoil spring to keep the breech closed until the sound is muffled.

I use this G19 1/2x28 TPI barrel and have great results.
glock19.jpg

I don't care for LWD barrels.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doorkicker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't care for LWD barrels.</div></div>

Ditto

Walther ppk, stop. Don't waste your time as you will not be pleased with the suppression results. The required barrel is expensive, long and the overall suppressor poor. If you bought U.S.A. S&W double stop. You can dick around with springs and spacer until you are blue in the face. Its a single shot at best.

10/22 through a 9mm can. Crappy suppression unless you use subsonics. Subsonics = Bad for the can.

Glock, as stated above by others. Superb results with a quality barrel. Here BarSto.

IMG_0312.jpg

Yes, I did a "search" to only find 1 thread on Glocks which was not completely helpful.

Yes, I realize the 9mm can on a 22 will not be best, but I will try it since it's there.

At the range today, I walked into a local smith that makes suppressors and he will likely help me with the PPK. He also has someone this week with a Bersa threaded barrel, so I may be in luck with that.

Thanks for the responses with barrels for the Glock.