• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Threading a bolt handle

villhelm

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 11, 2010
oregon
Hi! I was wondering if anyone could give me any information about puting a tactical bolt knob on my 22lr (marlin model 925)
i'd like to put a badger knob on there but from what i understand i have to get the old bolt chopped off and threaded? Does anyone know anyone who could do this, i'd love any information on the subject !

Re: Threading a bolt handle

I threaded the bolt on my Savage MKII in a about and 1 1/2 hours. It wasn't really that difficult as long as you take your time and make sure that you are grinding the bolt handle evenly. I had never threaded anything before either and that turned out to be not all that difficult. I used a dremel to cut the old bolt handle knob square and then used the dremel again to grind the square round and then cut the threads. I'll post up a picture as soon as I get a chance. I read a few other threads on a few websites and thought I'd give it a try.

Yeah I did mine in like 30 min. Like MSG said it's really not that hard. If you're careful it's kinda hard to screw up in a way that leaves you knobless.

You never want to be knobless!!!
grin.gif