• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Threading a HS Precision Barrel

240nmc

Private
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2013
North Carolina
I have a HS Precision SA2000 in 260 REM and considering threading the barrel for a suppressor that is waiting to be freed. What is the minimum barrel diameter for threading? This rifle is fluted and it doesn’t seem like there is much left at the end of the barrel. I don’t want to screw it up and suppressing it is not required but would be nice if I could. I really like the rifle as a hunting rifle and got it from Cabelas Gun. Library for a steal of a deal and it is accurate.

Just curious what you folks think,

Merry Christmas to the Hide....

I have a HS Precision SA2000 in 260 REM and considering threading the barrel for a suppressor that is waiting to be freed. What is the minimum barrel diameter for threading? This rifle is fluted and it doesn’t seem like there is much left at the end of the barrel. I don’t want to screw it up and suppressing it is not required but would be nice if I could. I really like the rifle as a hunting rifle and got it from Cabelas Gun. Library for a steal of a deal and it is accurate.

Just curious what you folks think,

Merry Christmas to the Hide....

Depends if your suppressor will be 1/2" or 5/8" threads.

What's the thread in the suppressor? I have 5/8-24 threads on my adapter and one of my rifles is .900" right behind the threads and the other is .750" and I run an Area 419 adapter on both. I haven't had any issues with either but I would want at least a 1/8" per side shoulder behind the mount.

Last edited:
Barrel needs to be a minimum diameter of .700" for 5/8-24 or minimum .630" for 9/16-24 or .580" for 1/2-28. These are numbers I use as minimums. You'll find different numbers all over the internet.

What is the diameter of your barrel at the muzzle?

If your suppressor is 5/8-24 you can still have smaller threads put on your muzzle and buy an adapter from a reputable company that guarantees their adapter to be turned with concentric threads.

Reactions: nikonNUT