• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Threading for Savage Rascal

aaaaaz

Private
Minuteman
Jul 4, 2020
NC
I’m working on getting the kids started properly. I have a couple of the older, lighter Savage Rascals. I bought in before the heavier FV-SR and Target XP Rascals came out with the heavy, threaded barrels. I have a Rugged Occulus suppressor which has a short configuration on the way. I’ve found varying information on threading a Rascal barrel. Because of the thinner barrel it seems to be necessary to thread for an adaptor to get a proper shoulder. I’m interested in anyone’s experience doing something similar or thoughts. Thank you.

Hi,

With the small muzzle OD, we threaded them 1/2-28, made sure the crown was faced correctly, and then used a rear suppressor endcap that was designed to shoulder on the muzzle not the normal shoulder. It's a very clean setup but requires a custom part.

Zak has the clean answer. But I had my sons Rascal threaded 1/2 - 28 then added the adaptor just like you said. Works great for my TBAC takedown!

ZY

image.jpg

Not the TBAC on it but you get the idea...
image.jpg

Some of the different adaptors mentioned in other posts had different threads on the barrel to come up to the 1/2 - 28. I should be safe with a standard 1/2 -28 thread job and then add the adaptor?

Hi,

With the small muzzle OD, we threaded them 1/2-28, made sure the crown was faced correctly, and then used a rear suppressor endcap that was designed to shoulder on the muzzle not the normal shoulder. It's a very clean setup but requires a custom part.
Where should I be looking for the custom part? I think at least one of the similar suppressors has a replaceable connection to attach to different threads but I didn’t think the oculus had that capability. Is the rear end cap something I would need to get from Rugged?

It would be an alternate rear endcap (ie thread end) that the manufacturer would probably have to make.

With regard to ZY100's adapter photo-- be aware of the (lack of) thread relief cut! Just make sure it's shouldering up. Sometimes the lack of a thread relief cut can prevent the rear of the suppressor from shouldering up to the barrel or adapter shoulder.