• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Threading Pencil Barrel Magnum Rifle

bweigel25

Private
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2024
Missouri
I have a Ruger M77 Mark ii in a 7mm Rem Mag, rifle has a skinny pencil barrel on it. I am wanting to get muzzle threaded to run suppressed but am nervous there is not enough barrel diameter to thread large enough threads for this application. Any advice will be great.

Talk to some people who thread muzzles for suppressors. There are some options. I usually point to LRI when asked.

Go here. Make sure to read the bolded.
https://thunderbeastarms.com/tech/thread-specifications
Face mount brake worked for my 6.5 creed. 0.616" muzzle diameter. Thread is 9/16-24. Sent it in to Thunderbeast and price was comparable to others.
20211010_124725.jpg

20211010_124745.jpg

I have a Ruger M77 Mark ii in a 7mm Rem Mag, rifle has a skinny pencil barrel on it. I am wanting to get muzzle threaded to run suppressed but am nervous there is not enough barrel diameter to thread large enough threads for this application. Any advice will be great.
You will need to have a custom made shouldered 5/8-24 thread adapter permanently attached to your barrel. I just had this done on 2 old M77 MKII's last year. This will require a skilled and competent gunsmith. What they will do is make the adapter, then thread the barrel small enough to have a good solid shoulder to install the adapter against with some sort of permanent adhesive or braze or silver solder. Then once that cures, they will chuck the barrel up into the lathe, and then thread the adapter bore-centric with your barrel so the threads are straight with the bore, so you don't have any alignment issues. Both of mine shoot really awesome. My smith custom made the adapters on mine from chunks he cut off of an old 416r stainless barrel he had laying around.

Also, another thing I highly recommend having done while the smith has it, is have the receivers drilled and tapped for an EGW picatinny rail. That way you are not limited to those stupid (shitty) proprietary Ruger rings. I put a 20MOA on the 7mmRM (top), and a 0MOA on the 7mm-08 (bottom).

IMG_9281.jpeg
IMG_9282.jpeg
IMG_9277.jpeg
IMG_9289.jpeg
IMG_9287.jpeg
Ballistic-X-Export-2023-07-16 20:21:01.465900.jpg