• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Three Shots for Christmas

Goldbeachman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 8, 2008
Gold Beach Oregon
<span style="font-family: 'Verdana'"><span style="font-size: 14pt">

12/25/2011

It was supposed to rain on Christmas, but when the clouds lifted and the fog blew away, we were given a few short hours this afternoon of rainfree weather. My buddy and I weren't doing anything and it looked like there was enough time for a trip to the woods to check out the cold (and clean) bore from an AI AWSM in 300WM. So off to Hunter Creek we went.

IMG_0552.jpg

20 minutes later, "little man," was perched on the edge of a landing. 450 yards below and to the right, are 8 elk including one 4 point raghorn. They were minding there own business as was my buddy and I. After putting up the Snipershide target, we drove down to the firing position and set up.

IMG_0548.jpg

The distance to target was 415 yards. Part of the reason for getting out today was to check out the inexpensive tactical taylor pack that I just got and placed on to a Grand River Tactical vest. Seems to work well.

awsmpatcheeneeded.jpg

Dialed 1.7 mil for 415 yards and the first shot was slightly left of center on the chest target. Next shot was at the head on the SH target, no correction made, and once again, slightly left. No big deviation.

IMG_0557.jpg

Little man target was still clean, and for the third and final shot fired today, the hold was favoring right. That'll work.

IMG_0558.jpg

Things weren't going to get much better than that and today's outing was just for fun and not much else. After conferring with my shooting buddy, we decided to pull up stakes and make our way home. Next time, maybe she can drive.

Shooting Buddy:
IMG_0559.jpg

</span></span>

Everyone have a Happy New Year!

Re: Three Shots for Christmas

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KIMO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank you K. But no one gets the moral of the story.... </div></div>

Quit while you're ahead?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goin'Hot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KIMO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank you K. But no one gets the moral of the story.... </div></div>

Quit while you're ahead?</div></div>

Lol GH, not exactly what I was thinking of, but I'll be going to SHOT in Vegas and will try and remember that!

OSU, I never got or made a stensil for the head target and the face it came with didn't last long as you might expect. It is such an awesome target, best I've ever had or used. Hanging the chest plate loose results in the loudest "Clang!" I've ever heard, especially with a magnum.

Need to check out the cutting edge of Target Technology at SHOT! What was the recipe again......?