• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Three Thumler's tumbler questions.

TN-MadDog

Minuteman
Feb 6, 2009
Ooltewah, TN
I just got my Thumblers tumbler and had a few questions. I'm going to be using it with the SS media with water/soap/Lemi shine.

1. the drum is a little out of square/round (however you want to say it). As it is turning on the stand, it is wobbling about 1/2" side to side. Not sure if it is normal or will cause any problem. Looks like it will want to walk to the right and may put pressure on the rubber guides.

2. Anyone ever have one leak while it is running? I'm trying to decide where to set it up and don't want to have a mess in the house if it leaks.

3 Anyone replace the wing nuts with hex nuts and use their cordless drill to take them on/off? For some reason, I just don't like using wing nuts..

Thanks,

Joe

Re: Three Thumler's tumbler questions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TN-MadDog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just got my Thumblers tumbler and had a few questions. I'm going to be using it with the SS media with water/soap/Lemi shine.

1. the drum is a little out of square/round (however you want to say it). As it is turning on the stand, it is wobbling about 1/2" side to side. Not sure if it is normal or will cause any problem. Looks like it will want to walk to the right and may put pressure on the rubber guides.
<span style="color: #3366FF">
Check the pulley alignment. Even when aligned it wobbles a bit.</span>

2. Anyone ever have one leak while it is running? I'm trying to decide where to set it up and don't want to have a mess in the house if it leaks.

<span style="color: #3366FF">No, just snug the wing nuts hand tight.
</span>
3 Anyone replace the wing nuts with hex nuts and use their cordless drill to take them on/off? For some reason, I just don't like using wing nuts..

<span style="color: #3366FF">You could buy thumb nuts. With a drill you could over torque or cross thread, up to you.
</span>

Thanks,

Joe

</div></div>

1 Mine does the same wobble
2 Never leaked yet
3 a little overkill. If on too tight I find the rubber
gasket like's to bond itself to the drum and or metal lid

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: thefitter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TN-MadDog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just got my Thumblers tumbler and had a few questions. I'm going to be using it with the SS media with water/soap/Lemi shine.

<span style="color: #3366FF">
Check the pulley alignment. Even when aligned it wobbles a bit.</span>

</div></div> </div></div>

Thanks for the reply. I did align the pully. It is the drum it self that wobbles. I rolled it across the floor and it did the same thing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zuke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1 Mine does the same wobble
2 Never leaked yet
3 a little overkill. If on too tight I find the rubber
gasket like's to bond itself to the drum and or metal lid </div></div>

Thanks, I was typing at the same time. No problems with the wobble?

Mine wobbles also, but so far no trouble, they are bulit to tumble for a week at a time, just check it out every so often and see that nothing is wearing (rubber bushings and stays that keep it centered).

You could place the whole unit in a plastic tub if you're worried about leaking, but it shouldn't be an issue. If it were to leak, it would do so slowly, giving you a warning.

The only problem I can see is the guide roller's being shaved off a fraction of a fraction.
You can see the black powder on the base if this happen's.
If you have any water deposit's it would be from the water being spilt into the base when you drained/filled it.

Mine wobbled until it would eventually hit one side of the frame and stop. All I did was to shim the base of the unit with wood until the tumbler stayed in the middle. Problem resolved. I still use the wing nuts and have not had any problems with leaking

Kevin