• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Three years for illegally exporting PVS-14s

fairdebtlawyer

Private
Minuteman
Just saw this today.

http://www.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/opinions/2011/10/14/10-10517.pdf

A Marine sold a PVS-14 to a Polish resident, another to a Chinese resident, and three to somebody else who intended to take them to China, all without an export license. The opinion isn't clear as to whether the devices were government property. Dummy didn't negotiate a plea agreement, just pled straight up, and got three years in prison plus three more years of "supervised release" (probation). Felony conviction also means no more guns the rest of his life.

So all those warnings on all of Victor's pages at his site about exporting NVDs being a crime are for real. Keep 'em safe at home, everybody.

Re: Three years for illegally exporting PVS-14s

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fairdebtlawyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just saw this today.

http://www.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/opinions/2011/10/14/10-10517.pdf

A Marine sold a PVS-14 to a Polish resident, another to a Chinese resident, and three to somebody else who intended to take them to China, all without an export license. The opinion isn't clear as to whether the devices were government property. Dummy didn't negotiate a plea agreement, just pled straight up, and got three years in prison plus three more years of "supervised release" (probation). Felony conviction also means no more guns the rest of his life.

So all those warnings on all of Victor's pages at his site about exporting NVDs being a crime are for real. Keep 'em safe at home, everybody. </div></div>

Not just NVDs, but also many small accessory items, are restricted under the ITAR, and will result in equally severe sanctions if exported without permit.

IR-V

The sad part is I used to see all sorts of crap for sale around al fao when I was there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NF1986</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The sad part is I used to see all sorts of crap for sale around al fao when I was there. </div></div>

Outside CONUS, it can be a free for all. Tons of ITAR restricted U.S. gear that has been stolen and fenced, diverted (received but never inventoried), lost by U.S. entities and then found by non U.S. entities, and channeled out by U.S. military subcontractors authorized to acquire via DOS approved channels but who either intentionally or unknowingly fail to observe destruction and disposal requirements when the restricted gear is no longer needed. The reverse temptation to try to bring back such items, to the States, must be resisted as well.

IR-V