• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Throw Lever for Schmidt Bender PM II 5-25

Jay Sheng

Private
Minuteman
Apr 20, 2023
CA
Hello, folks

I am looking for a throw lever, for my Schmidt Bender PM II 5-25 (please see attached photo). I saw SB released their throw lever like a shark fin but I don’t like that design. I prefer the traditional ring style.

SB recently made some minor changes for PM 2. The magnification ring is made of metal, not rubber anymore, and the diameter of ring is changed.
I tried to contact with MKM, Switchview USA, and Aadland, none of them provide throw lever for this model. Lol.

Do you know what throw lever I should choose? Thank you!

Attachments

• 55jhy7xrs9pb1.jpg
    55jhy7xrs9pb1.jpg
    348.6 KB · Views: 55
Hi Jay,

We have 4 different PMII levers, and have done a variety of OEM jobs for Schmidt and have some mag rings in house.

If you contact us with measurements, we can compare models.

Or, I'm happy to get you a label for us to borrow for a week or two to make a lever just for this model if nothing else works.

We carry substantial private insurance on each label that surpasses the value of a PMII.

Hello, folks

I am looking for a throw lever, for my Schmidt Bender PM II 5-25 (please see attached photo). I saw SB released their throw lever like a shark fin but I don’t like that design. I prefer the traditional ring style.

SB recently made some minor changes for PM 2. The magnification ring is made of metal, not rubber anymore, and the diameter of ring is changed.
I tried to contact with MKM, Switchview USA, and Aadland, none of them provide throw lever for this model. Lol.

Do you know what throw lever I should choose? Thank you!

For aadland it should be basically the same as a 327 occular ring or a 320 us. Take a quick measure around it and I can confirm for you

Reactions: BoldCorrections
Hi Jay,

We have 4 different PMII levers, and have done a variety of OEM jobs for Schmidt and have some mag rings in house.

If you contact us with measurements, we can compare models.

Or, I'm happy to get you a label for us to borrow for a week or two to make a lever just for this model if nothing else works.

We carry substantial private insurance on each label that surpasses the value of a PMII.
Hi, Tyler.

I contacted with your customer service whose name is Darlene. And I provided the zoom ring diameter I measured by calipers (please see attached photo). The diameter is 1.82 inches. Your stuff checked and Darlene confirmed none of your PM II throw levers fit this diameter.

We can discuss this by email or something else.

Attachments

• 532325FC-83E4-4087-9B6F-2F3002D1EBAC.jpeg
    532325FC-83E4-4087-9B6F-2F3002D1EBAC.jpeg
    502 KB · Views: 37
For aadland it should be basically the same as a 327 occular ring or a 320 us. Take a quick measure around it and I can confirm for you
The diameter I measured is 1.82 inches. Please see the photo I replied to Tyler. Thank you!

Same size as the 520 and 320 us occular ring
Not just the diameter need to match. There are sawteeth around the zoom ring. I think the throw lever should also consider this because the plain throw lever may cause potential slipping issue.

Not just the diameter need to match. There are sawteeth around the zoom ring. I think the throw lever should also consider this because the plain throw lever may cause potential slipping issue.

The 520 and 320 327 etc all have the same teeth

Darlene may have been confused because of the complex geometry...we have done OEM for the 3-20, if mag ring is the same we've got whatcha need.

You can PM me or email [email protected] and I'll confirm dimensions with you.

Darlene may have been confused because of the complex geometry...we have done OEM for the 3-20, if mag ring is the same we've got whatcha need.

You can PM me or email [email protected] and I'll confirm dimensions with you.
Hi, Tyler

Thanks for your follow up. I tried to send the scope by UPS today and the shipping cost is over $80 including insurance. I live in California. It’s much expensive then I have to give up this plan. Sorry.

I can say from experience, the SB “Shark Fin” did not fit my PMII. Those PMII ocular mag rings are definitely not all the same.

I can say from experience, the SB “Shark Fin” did not fit my PMII. Those PMII ocular mag rings are definitely not all the same.

All the metal diopter rings are the same size ime from the 520us to the 327hp...

The older 525 was the oddball...

With that said addamount caps and throw ring are my favorite

Reactions: TheOE800
everyone out of stock, optics planet states that part is no longer in production
Optics Planet isn’t an authoritative source, that’s what they put for items they don’t carry anymore.

Reactions: craigos
Ordered from SB Australia about a month ago.
Pricey but works!
I have tried two MK with zero luck on fit.
SB Short Dot Dual CC.

Attachments

• IMG_6303.jpeg
    IMG_6303.jpeg
    301 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_6304.jpeg
    IMG_6304.jpeg
    224.7 KB · Views: 36