• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Throw Lever for Steiner MX5i 5-25x?

EDDK9

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 6, 2017
Long time lurker and finally got a quick question... Who makes a throw lever for the military series Steiner and where can I get one? I can't find them anywhere and haven't heard back from Steiner themselves. All I can find are ones for the T series. Thanks in advance for any info.

-K9

Brownells has a universal type that I'm using on my M5Xi, it was the only one I could find the scope. You'll even have to modify it a little with a razor blade. Don't know how to link but this is the one.
100-015-127WB
Eagle Eye Universal Speedlever 1.27"-2.20" Diameter Ring [h=1][/h]

Thanks for the reply. I did see that one, but I personally didn't like how generic it is. I can't believe Steiner or someone doesn't make one to fit. MSM makes one for most others, but the Steiner.

I saw a post with a GA precision throw lever on a military Steiner, but unsure if they make it anymore? An email to GAP comes up non-responsive as well.

Thank you. I sent them an email. Fingers crossed...

I guess this answers that. Interesting...

We do not make a throw lever that will work with the M5Xi. Throw levers do not work well with the rubber magnification ring on the M5Xi series.

Thank You,

Steiner Technical Support
https:/

John Aadland did respond back to me. He wants me to send my scope to him, so he can't custom make it to size. As much as I'd love to do this, I'm not quite sure I'm comfortable sending it on.... thinking on it.

I have the Eagle Eye and it's a lot stronger than it looks. Kind of looks like a ziptie in the photos but once it's tightened down it holds really strong. Used it on a 3-gun rifle and it got beat up and always stayed put.

John Aadland did respond back to me. He wants me to send my scope to him, so he can't custom make it to size. As much as I'd love to do this, I'm not quite sure I'm comfortable sending it on.... thinking on it.

That's why God made insurance when you ship it. Jon is a stand up guy, he's not going to hurt your scope. But you did find someone willing to do a one off custom one just for you. Whether you go for it or not, you owe Jon Aadland a big thank you. And let us know what you decide and how it turns out.

Last edited:
I'm not sure 'God' created insurance, but you might be close. ;) Yes, I appreciate the recommendation and I hope he gets them on the market soon.

Btw, I will be shipping my scope to him. I'll update with pics, upon the return. Thanks again for the recommendation.

-K9

Last edited:
I'm also interested in this -- hopefully Jon can figure something out. I'll be first in line to purchase one from him.

If you would like something now, I did find one from MK precision. I don't believe it's anything in the same league from Aadland though, but might be worth a try for the price.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I own MK Machining, we do indeed make throw levers for those Steiners:

http://mkmachining.com/product/stein...s-throw-lever/

Both ours and Aadland are 3D printed, Aadlands via SLA printing, and ours via FDM printing. I do believe you'll be quite satisfied with ours, particularly for the price. In fact, I'm confident enough I'll send one at no cost, you like it and you can pay.

These are shipping in our new Rev II style, here's one I just pulled from inventory:

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/3RXad9i.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Last edited:
Whoops that's a Steiner P4Xi lever. The Mil series has a small triangular notch for the mag ring shape but looks the same

Tyler,

thanks for chiming in. I have one of yours in the mail already. I thought Aadland's were machined from aluminum, while yours were polymer?

-K9

Last edited:
No, the Aadland ones are printed as well. Not that printed carries a negative connotation, many folks think so, but printed parts can be very strong and precise. They are printed via a different process though, with resin vs filament, and SLA (stereolithography) vs FDM/FFF (fused depostion modeling/fused filament fabrication) which is why they cost more. The resin is quite expensive, $100-$300 per liter depending on brand and type of resin. We take our printing pretty seriously, as I'm sure Aadland does as well, their parts are nice. Here is your lever, I just printed it. This is still on the print bed, no cleanup or touchups of any kind:

RihW8m9.jpg

Ok, great! I thought it actually shipped already. Lol Got shipping notification a few days ago and seen no movement. Was wondering what the deal was...

Just an update on the throw lever. I did send off my scope to Jon Aadland as recommended on here. ( thanks again!)

The fit and finish on these products are nothing short of amazing! Products are top notch and I'm more than enthused.

Thank you Jon for making these amazing products! Will not hesitate to do any future business.

[No message]

Attachments

• photo62156.jpg
    photo62156.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 89
[No message]

Attachments

• photo62157.jpg
    photo62157.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 69
  • photo62158.jpg
    photo62158.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 78
I can tell you one thing, Steiner is full of shit or they need to employ Jon Aadland on how to make a throw lever, cause this thing is perfectly made to the ring and works great! Steiner should also be ashamed of the caps they include with a 3k scope. These should be standard with any high end optic.

Thanks for the reply. I did see that one, but I personally didn't like how generic it is. I can't believe Steiner or someone doesn't make one to fit. MSM makes one for most others, but the Steiner.

I saw a post with a GA precision throw lever on a military Steiner, but unsure if they make it anymore? An email to GAP comes up non-responsive as well.

That may have been mine you saw... The lever was GA Precision branded, made by MGM and actually meant for Bushnell HDMR/ERS and it happens to work on the Steiner M.

http://www.gaprecision.net/ga-store/mgm-switchview.html

Hi guys, I own MK Machining, we do indeed make throw levers for those Steiners:

http://mkmachining.com/product/stein...s-throw-lever/

Both ours and Aadland are 3D printed, Aadlands via SLA printing, and ours via FDM printing. I do believe you'll be quite satisfied with ours, particularly for the price. In fact, I'm confident enough I'll send one at no cost, you like it and you can pay.

These are shipping in our new Rev II style, here's one I just pulled from inventory:

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/3RXad9i.jpg"}[/IMG2]
Tyler, I also have a Steiner M5xi and was wondering if your throw lever is made to fit over the rubber grip ring on the scope?

Tyler, I just went ahead and ordered the throw lever for my Steiner M5. Your website was very easy to use!
While I was there I looked at your other products. I would like more information on your chassis.

Tyler, I just went ahead and ordered the throw lever for my Steiner M5. Your website was very easy to use!
While I was there I looked at your other products. I would like more information on your chassis.

It is made to fit over the rubber mag ring, squishy with a triangular nub if i remember.

Let me know what to tell ya regarding the chassis!

I have the MK throw lever for my M5, and it works flawlessly. I run their levers on all my scopes and they all work great. Don’t hesitate to buy one.

No, the Aadland ones are printed as well. Not that printed carries a negative connotation, many folks think so, but printed parts can be very strong and precise. They are printed via a different process though, with resin vs filament, and SLA (stereolithography) vs FDM/FFF (fused depostion modeling/fused filament fabrication) which is why they cost more. The resin is quite expensive, $100-$300 per liter depending on brand and type of resin. We take our printing pretty seriously, as I'm sure Aadland does as well, their parts are nice. Here is your lever, I just printed it. This is still on the print bed, no cleanup or touchups of any kind:

RihW8m9.jpg
can I get the file ?