• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Throw Levers! New models, over 60 now: Athlon, Kahles, Leupold, Nightforce, Vortex...etc

Tyler Kemp

Print Daddy
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2008
MO
mkmachining.com
These throw levers we make have really taken off over the last year, and I wanted to provide a bit of information on our products, give an update on our popular newer models, address common fitment questions, and take requests for further designs.

As a lot of you know, and some may not, we make all our levers via 3D printing. There's a huge variance in quality and strength of materials in the printing world, from brittle hobby grade PLA, to PEEK which fares better than a lot of metals...but your levers would also be insanely expensive. I like to stay at the forefront of printing technology which means using industrial oriented machines and materials, we run our machines day in and day out, over 20 hours a day. Since my last post regarding these, we have modified our fleet of printers with upgraded hotends which not only lay down layers in better quality, but can heat up to 752° F for some very strong plastics that melt at a considerably higher temperature than lead.

Some newer models that have been very popular include the Athlon Ares and Helos, Kahles i (we have 16i and 312i/624i models), Leupold VX6, Swaro X5, Z6, and Z8, and last but certainly not least, the Vortex Viper Gen II and Vortex Razor AMG levers.

Brand new are Horus Falcon, SWFA 3-9x, and IOR 1.5-8x levers. Coming soon we have the Sig Tango 4 and SWFA 1-4x, 3-15x, and fixed power levers. Obviously the fixed power SWFA is going to go on the focus knob.

We've had numerous folks ask about a Minox ZP5 lever, this optic needs our Kahles 312i/624i model. I'm not sure if they use the same actual mag ring...but all dimensions are the same. A huge amount of the time if someone has a random optic needing a lever, our Vortex VTX A model is a good bet. It fits scopes with a round magnification ring diameter of 1.74", which describes many of the mag rings on optics made overseas.

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, I'd love to address them! We have tons of requests for Schmidt PMII and Tangent Theta levers, but need a scope in hand for proper prototyping. If anyone can go without their optic for a few weeks we offer a free lever and return shipping for letting us prototype. Optics can stay in their rings, mounts, etc. Hands-on prototyping is what has allowed us to build a vast lever library, all proudly printed with a lifetime warranty.

MghXD3u.jpg

CZE8yV0.jpg

Tylx0Bc.jpg