• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Throwing N570

kthomas

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 17, 2009
Tucson, AZ
What is everyone using to throw N570?

I just purchased some N570 for my .300NM, first time using this specific powder. Doesn't work well at all with my Autotrickler V2 + IP trickler setup.

The IP trickler works well enough, bridges occasionally but easy to overcome. The autothrow bridges up pretty much immediately.

I'm loading up some rounds for testing tomorrow, I can get by using just the trickler. But I'm going to have to come up with a different solution for when I load up for the NF ELR challenge.

Any suggestions?

My V2 (w/V3 electronic board) + IP trickler works great for everything I reload - except N570. I would rather not have to upgrade everything on the account of one powder.

Maybe I'll get a manual thrower and finish with the IP trickler - does anyone have a setup like that? Is there a manual thrower that handles N570 well?

What is everyone using to throw N570?

Any suggestions?
AutoTrickler V4, with a 1/8” shim under the motor unit. The shim is necessary, I found. N570 is a bitch. I also use side cutters to snap some pieces for additions when necessary. N570 has to be the worse extruded powder ever for stick density. Which really is a problem for “fast” throwing.

The most important part of using N570 ….is patience.

Last edited:
Using a V4. It does OK if the angle of the scale is setup well. Im on the list for the full IP system. Looks faster and more accurate for all powders and the ability to set the tolerance to +/-0.04gr for N570 will be a nice feature.

IP full system FTW.

N570 is one of the reasons I’ve tried EVERY system out there, sold them all, and am hand throwing and hand trickling till I get my IP. The superspiller dispensed N570 like a retard eating pizza without his hands.

Which is ironic because I have forsaken N570 - it smokes my 375CT barrels in like 600 rounds. I’ve moved on to RL50

Reactions: kthomas
I'm quickly learning to hate N570 :ROFLMAO:

I might go full IP system in the future, it's just not fiscally in the cards for now.

Have to dumb it down with n570, tuned chargemaster threw those Lincoln logs like a champ. My buddies and I exclusively run it in the big magnums. Everything from the 28 nosler to 37XC.

Chargemaster for my initial and the hand trickle up to my target weight knot my Scott Parker tuned scale. Chargemaster has never had a issue throwing the kernels.

The superspiller dispensed N570 like a retard eating pizza without his hands.

Is that a good thing or bad? :)

In all seriousness, when I get some of the new Berger 410s for my 375, I might be in the same boat as @kthomas (though, sadly, not because of the NF ELR Challenge, as I'll be traveling during it). I'll buy a manual powder throw for N570, but don't want to upgrade my entire system (V3 + IP) since it works perfectly well for every other powder I use.