• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thumbhole or Pistol Grip for AICS Chassis?

When I got my AICS I couldn't stand the thumbhole, actually considered selling the rifle. Bought the AI Pistol Grip Skins for it, hated those even more. The thumbhole has actually grown on me and I am finally comfortable behind it.The KMW still has the the best thumbhole out there as far as I'm concerned. If you haven't shot the AI chassis then I would recommend getting behind one first.

I bought one of the last AI chassis before they went to the AT chassis. Of course it came with the ugly thumbhole skins so I found a new set of Victor skins in the PX section and put them on before ever mounting the barrel and action. My biggest problem with the AICS was looks with the thumbhole skins. I had a problem getting used to the chassis over a traditional stock but since I’ve used it for a couple of years I’ve grown to really like it. The grip angle is comfortable for me and allows me to pull the stock in tight. I also use the butt hook for that as well and don’t care to have another stock/chassis without it. The downside to the AICS is it’s at least a pound heavier than a Manners stock and you have to take the skins, Victor skins, to loosen the action screws. Other pluses are for the price you get a lot of options that cost extra on Manners.