• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thumbs Up for Trijicon Customer Service

enichols

Private
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2010
Southern CA
Hello Hide,
I wanted to share my recent experience with Trijicon's Customer Service.

Last month, the week before a big match, my rifle fell directly on top of its scope, a Trijicon Accupower 4.5-30x56. The brunt of the impact was on the elevation turret and on the sun shade. The sun shade was knocked crooked into its threads and I could neither tighten it nor loosen it. After asking for some advice here on the Hide, I took it to the range the next day and, seeing that the scope had maintained zero and tracked perfectly fine after the fall, I took it to the match where it worked flawlessly.

When I returned home, I contacted Trijicon's customer service about having the sun shade removed and replaced, and the scope inspected for tracking (just for my own peace of mind). On Nov. 12 they sent me an RMA/Shipping Label, and I sent the scope via FedEx. I paid for the shipping to Trijicon (about $54, since I'm on the West Coast and they're in MI). They said that their repair department was running 6-8 weeks for service. I received a status update from Trijicon on Dec. 1 stating that they received the scope, and that it would be inspected by one of their technicians. I fully expected to have to pay for the repair, since I was 100% at fault for the accident. On Dec. 16, I received an update from Trijicon stating that the repair and inspection was complete, and that the scope would be shipped back to me free of charge.

I received my scope via UPS this morning - 12/21. Upon opening the box, I noticed that not only had Trijicon cleaned the scope, removed and replaced the damaged sun shade, but they had also included brand new Tenebraex scope covers, Neoprene scope cover and lens pen. These items came with the scope and I kept my originals at home while the scope was being serviced - they sent me all new ones, for free.

I am going to mount the scope back onto its home rifle this evening and take it to the range tomorrow. I'm really excited to have the scope back and 100% pleased with Trijicon's customer service. I just wanted to share this experience with you all.

Merry Christmas to all of you!

Nice! Maybe you were rewarded because you were planning to pay something for the repair. Vortex gets a lot of praise for their warranty, good to hear of awesome service elsewhere as well.

Good to hear they’re still killing it. I’ve posted elsewhere on my own experience. I had an ACOG go back to Trijicon after over a decade. I deployed with it, it got blown up...several times. Still worked, but the fiber optic was chunked and cracked and, of course, the tritium was dimmed considerably. Looked like hell, but I gifted to my Dad to help him get started rifle shooting (as it was still perfectly functional). My Dad sent it back to them to refurbish (worst son ever?).

Trijicon did the refurb gratis, mailed it back gratis, and threw in a Bobro Engineering QD mount (and sent my GG&G back).

I have since bequeathed a Vortex Viper PST1 4-16 and PST2 5-25 to him...I saw what he was trying to shoot with and I couldn’t allow it to continue, heh. Maybe I should finally get the 1-8 I’had my eye on...

Thats good to hear im going to have to use there customer service for an acog that isnt holding zero. Good to know they treat there customers right