• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Thunder Beast Runout Checks.

How much runout do top competing cans have?

I'll have to check the sig and kgm cans. Kgm advertises that they do the same check.

If TBAC could get cans out the door for my dealer to stock I'd buy a few. As it is, my buddies waited 6+ months for a can to be made to wait 12 months on a stamp. I don't have that patience.

There’s a reason you wait for brands like thunderbeast, krieger, manners just to name a few. Worth the wait.
I'll have to check the sig and kgm cans. Kgm advertises that they do the same check.

If TBAC could get cans out the door for my dealer to stock I'd buy a few. As it is, my buddies waited 6+ months for a can to be made to wait 12 months on a stamp. I don't have that patience.

Our manufacturing backlog right now is more in the 4-8 week range. It helps if dealers order periodically instead of when they run out too.

They can't keep anything on the shelf, being a silencer shop dealer and buying direct both.

I just need to check my email more often. Every time I set a notification on silencer shop they're sold out before I can snag one.

I'm not quite sure how, but someone ruffled the nfa guys feathers at the store and they actively steer me away from tba after their last stock order.

Then they need to order more and more often. Won’t get more cans unless more are ordered.

Mile High usually has almost everything in stock.

If you want to PM me the dealer I can see if there was any indication of “ruffling” on our end. Your call.

Since they're a silencer shop partner, I'll just order direct from them and have it sent over.

Just haven't been able to catch what I want in stock in quite awhile.

And yes, I wish I had Mile High available. As it is it seems like the nfa dealers across Montana want to point me to what they have on the shelf, and more than 5 options is asking way too much.

I have printed cans in the shop with over .025 runout. Must mess them up in their second ops. Not impressive

Since they're a silencer shop partner, I'll just order direct from them and have it sent over.

Just haven't been able to catch what I want in stock in quite awhile.

And yes, I wish I had Mile High available. As it is it seems like the nfa dealers across Montana want to point me to what they have on the shelf, and more than 5 options is asking way too much.
Then find a new dealer. It's not hard. You are making it hard.

Find it in stock. Transfer it. Start the waiting process.

Or you can just bitch on the internet to the manufacture who is not at all to blame.

Then find a new dealer. It's not hard. You are making it hard.

Find it in stock. Transfer it. Start the waiting process.

Or you can just bitch on the internet to the manufacture who is not at all to blame.

Yup. Living in BFE and dealing with the only dealer within 130 miles, I'll just pop over and change dealers.

I'm just here to bitch that everyone buys out the cans so fast I can't grab one.

My Ultra 7 was transferred from MH. I got my stamp last week. Easy peasy.

I have printed cans in the shop with over .025 runout. Must mess them up in their second ops. Not impressive

Interesting that the 3D printed cans have this issue. I'm not too familiar with additive manufacturing, but it sounds like it has a way to go yet if this is the case.

Beside lite weight and quiet this is something we strive for with every can.

Can you do the same test while applying heat? I don't think welded titanium has the same stress but I've seen AAC cans turn into bananas when they heat up.

Reactions: 40x
Can you do the same test while applying heat? I don't think welded titanium has the same stress but I've seen AAC cans turn into bananas when they heat up.
It would be pretty tough to heat it evenly to get a true measurement

Interesting that the 3D printed cans have this issue. I'm not too familiar with additive manufacturing, but it sounds like it has a way to go yet if this is the case.

Every DMLS can I've handled has significant amounts of secondary machining.

Reactions: kthomas