• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Thunder beast ultra 7

How and what do you use to clean?
I plugged the end of mine with a foam ear plug and filled it with CLR and let it soak for about 24 hours. Poured it out next day, fired a few rounds through it, then repeated the process. Worked great. That was my first cleaning after several thousand rounds of use and it had quite a bit of buildup.

After soaking with CLR for a few days, do you rinse with water to flush it all out? Any need to rinse with alcohol to displace all the water afterwards. Looking to finally clean my suppressor after thousands of rounds. It doesn’t sound as quiet as it once did and it does feel heavy but not sure about the weight. Thanks

Last edited:
Rinse yes , alcohol no . Put it in the oven at 200 ish degrees and dry it out or just let air dry . May take more than one cycle depending on the build up .

Reactions: Doctorwho1138
If performance is impacted can’t you send it to TB to be thoroughly cleaned/any necessary parts replaced? Asking because I’m not sure, not out of ignorance. I own a SiCo can and have asked similar questions, and they told me if the build up is bad just send it back to them no problem.

If performance is impacted can’t you send it to TB to be thoroughly cleaned/any necessary parts replaced? Asking because I’m not sure, not out of ignorance. I own a SiCo can and have asked similar questions, and they told me if the build up is bad just send it back to them no problem.

I just think mine need to be cleaned. I can send it to TB and have them clean it but if it’s something I can do at home I will. Accuracy hasn’t been impacted at all. In fact I feel like I am more accurate with it on. But if you want to send yours back I don’t see a problem. I will probably send mine back at some point for a cleaning since I understand they will also re-cerakote it as well.

Reactions: edub1309
Yes they will clean it once a year for you.

I just think mine need to be cleaned. I can send it to TB and have them clean it but if it’s something I can do at home I will. Accuracy hasn’t been impacted at all. In fact I feel like I am more accurate with it on. But if you want to send yours back I don’t see a problem. I will probably send mine back at some point for a cleaning since I understand they will also re-cerakote it as well.
Okay, gotcha. Good to know. I think my next one with be a TB. I think they make a dedicated 6.5? Anyway, didn’t know they’d also re-cerakote.. that’s pretty cool! Thanks for the info!

Reactions: Doctorwho1138
I thought I read that Bore Tech was coming out with a dedicated suppressor cleaning solution? Anyone try it?

You can rinse it with water and just shake it out and then let it dry on its own.

We do have dedicated 6.5mm in the Ultra 5, 7, and 9.

So do you guys recommend CLR or something else for cleaning? Isn’t CLR corrosive to certain metals?