• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Thunder Beast vs?

Toney198

Tikka Tweaker
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2017
My trust is complete and I’m looking to buy my first can. The first one will be for my long range 308/6.5 but I want precision with 300 win mag capabilities. ThunderBeast ultra 9 is what I’m going for unless there is something I’m missing. The next 30cal can will be lower end and for a gas gun. Any arguments for something else?

im also looking at a silencerco sparrow for up to 22mag. All help is appreciated. Looking to order this week or next, so in the future it’s coming is out.

Silencer Central Bannish 30

Convertible from 9” down to 7” in about 60 seconds. User serviceable and baffles are easily pushed out with their baffle stack removal tool so you can clean your baffles any time you want to.

Downside to some people is it is direct thread only, but I personally don’t see that as a crutch.

Ultra 9 is a fantastic first choice. If you’re able to swing it though, go ahead and get the 22 can while you’re at it. I would also recommend the TBAC takedown 22 can. You’re going to love having a 22 suppressor. I shoot my Ultra 9 more frequently than my other rifle cans, but my 22 can gets the most use hands down out of everything.

Why 300WM capabilities if you're just going with .308/6.5? Are you planning on using the can for a 300wm later? The ultra 9 will do but if you're also going the magnum route now or later I'd suggest putting a .338 ultra on that and just use the ultra 9 for the .308/6.5.

Reactions: AIAW
Ultra 9. I have 4thousand rounds and climbing on the 7 and its still shooting submoa with the AI in 308. I’m hoping my 9 gets out of jail soon.

Reactions: DrakeHunter
I would normally push TBAC bc they are so good. But, as of last week, you will have to wait 9 months for a serial number, THEN the ATFE wait on top of that. For me, that's a hard pass. The sico omega is a great option. Very quiet, 7" with the brake on the end, 6ish " with the flat cap. Good for .300wm down to whatever. Not to mention, it's cheaper too. When it's time for another can for me, I'll check TBACs wait time, if its anywhere near what it is now, I wont feel bad for getting an omega.

Why 300WM capabilities if you're just going with .308/6.5? Are you planning on using the can for a 300wm later? The ultra 9 will do but if you're also going the magnum route now or later I'd suggest putting a .338 ultra on that and just use the ultra 9 for the .308/6.5.

I can honestly barely (negligible) notice audible difference between a Ultra 9 and 338 Ultra between 300WM, 300NM or 338LM.

243, 6.5, 308, etc... very nice report.

Depends if the user is planning on going over 300WM, as that is the limit for the 30 caliber Ultras. Anything higher, got to jump to the 338 Ultra.

The ultra 9 is a really nice can. I have all the ultras except the .223(soon though). They’re all great. I also really like the Nomad, Omega, and the EA Vox-S. I’ve played musical suppressors over and over the last few weeks, and it’s a total crapshoot as to which one sounds quieter that day. They’re all on area 419 adapters, and they all return to zero just fine. The omega and the Vox weigh almost exactly the same as the ultra 9. One could argue they’re a little more brick shit house as well, and in the case of the Vox, substantially cheaper.

I like my SiCo Sparrow, but I prefer the TBAC 22 takedown personally.

A word on ordering direct from TBAC. Why would anyone do that? TBAC is cranking these things out to dealers like mad. They’re not always in stock, but they’re very frequently in stock. Hansohn Bros has the 9, 7, 5, and 22 takedown in stock right at this moment.

Silencerco is a good brand.

While I haven't shot any, KG Made seems like a decent offering. I like what I see from their products, and from what little I've seen, people seem to be happy with them.

TBAC Ultra 7 30 cal here. I have about 3600 rounds through it, 2200 with a 308 and 1200 with the 6.5CM. Its great, just enough suppression to not wear hearing protection when shooting solo. However, I am more than likely going to buy an Ultra 9 30 for when I get a 7mm or 30 magnum barrel and use that can for comps on my 6.5 barrel as well. The only other can I was considering was the SiCo Omega 300.

Reactions: Friar
Ultra 9 30 owner, and I'm beyond happy with my choice. I've used it on .308, 6.5 CM, and 6 XC and it works great on all of them.

I don't own a rimfire can, but when I do order one I'll get the TBAC .22 can also.

I can honestly barely (negligible) notice audible difference between a Ultra 9 and 338 Ultra between 300WM, 300NM or 338LM.

243, 6.5, 308, etc... very nice report.

Depends if the user is planning on going over 300WM, as that is the limit for the 30 caliber Ultras. Anything higher, got to jump to the 338 Ultra.
Are you saying the 338 ultra is quieter than the 9 when used on the 308 based cartridges?

Are you saying the 338 ultra is quieter than the 9 when used on the 308 based cartridges?

Not really quieter, but it’s very close. I imagine that it’s from sheer volume of that 338 Ultra making up for the bore diameter. Most people mistake my 300NM for a 260, just from sound alone! 300WM sounds nearly the same also.

Definitely wouldn’t be able to tell what caliber one was firing as a bystander with no visual of the rifle. I find that very ideal in multiple aspects.

Reactions: deersniper
Thank you guys! Yes a magnum will eventually happen, although a 300 Norma (prob just 300 win mag) will realistically be as big as I will ever go. I will also check into the TBAC 22.

I have 3 .30 cal cans. The 30p-1 is my favorite. Light and actually improved accuracy on my host (6.5 creed custom). Just as quiet as my cyclone and quieter than the SDN-6 when all were compared on a .308.

^Hell yea. i'll pass the word to my buddy who just inquired about a TBAC can last week. thanks!

Cool video. I’m surprised there isn’t more of a difference between the 338 Ultra and the Ultra 9. At what point is there a larger spread between those two?

I had no trouble finding/purchasing Thunderbeast suppressor recently.

Definitely buy the .22 TD along with the 9.

If you order a can from TBAC and the lead time is as quoted from TBAC "Serial numbers for backlogged suppressors ordered "today" would be expected between roughly 03-16-2020 and 04-20-2020." When would money be due? When ordering or when you received a SN?

If you order a can from TBAC and the lead time is as quoted from TBAC "Serial numbers for backlogged suppressors ordered "today" would be expected between roughly 03-16-2020 and 04-20-2020." When would money be due? When ordering or when you received a SN?
When ordering

Ever any chance of using multiple(3-4) 50%’s to equal a free? Lol I got one of your ultra 7’s in .30 cal and I’m hooked but been wanting to get into a .338 can for about 2 years now. Haven’t been able to finish well enough to get the free cert yet but have a few 50’s and I’m still tryin haha. Y’all make a killer product though and for anyone who hasn’t bought a .22 tbac take down can it’s just straight stupid quiet, so much so you can’t help but laugh when you pull the trigger with subs

Our payment policies apply to the person/company that we're selling to, be it an individual or a dealer. Your dealer might have different terms, that's up to him.

Once we have a serial number, between getting payment and having the Form 3 clear, it's usually about a week to ship. If it's already paid and the file copy of the FFL/SOT is up to date, it can be less.

Re, certificates, no 50's cannot be combined, sorry!

My dealer just called Thunder Beast ans was told 6-8 months to get a serial number. I do not think I have that patience.

@TBACRAY or @Zak Smith got a question for you guys: which of your cans would you say reduces recoil most significantly? I've got a couple of your Ultra 7s in 30 and 6.5mm, and 30-P1. Do you think the 338 ultra offers a noticeable advantage in 6mm and 6.5mm cartridges while shooting PRS style matches? I'm curious if you have seen much of a difference in all of your testing?

I have a 6.5 Ultra 7 and a 338 Ultra that I use on my 6x47L PRS rifle. There is a noticeably less recoil with the 338. Plenty of guys in the top ranks using the 338 on all the 6mm cartriges, even on Dashers.

Reactions: lead ƒarmer
I have an omega, excellent can. had it since they released. just bought a tbac ultra 9. it's that much better. omega, perfectly acceptable and I'll still have it around. ultra 9 is the bees knees for a precision bolt gun.

I have a 6.5 Ultra 7 and a 338 Ultra that I use on my 6x47L PRS rifle. There is a noticeably less recoil with the 338. Plenty of guys in the top ranks using the 338 on all the 6mm cartriges, even on Dashers.
I wish I had known that back when I used my certificate on an ultra 5! That is interesting, must be from the extra capacity of the 338 can?

Reactions: Cody S
My trust is complete and I’m looking to buy my first can. The first one will be for my long range 308/6.5 but I want precision with 300 win mag capabilities. ThunderBeast ultra 9 is what I’m going for unless there is something I’m missing. The next 30cal can will be lower end and for a gas gun. Any arguments for something else?

im also looking at a silencerco sparrow for up to 22mag. All help is appreciated. Looking to order this week or next, so in the future it’s coming is out.

i use my ultra 7 on my 300WM, 308, 260, and 223.

it will be worth the wait and i you will not regret your purchase.

I have had the Ultra 9 for several years now. At last count it was around 16,000 rounds from a variety of guns. To include 223,224 Val, and 308. All different types of bullet weights and powder charges. I have zero complaints with it or the great people who made it. I thought I had a baffle strike once. Called them sent it and they checked it for free. No strike?. Had them clean it once and they taught me how to clean it. Not bad to do. I was looking at the 7 next but so happy with the 9 just haven’t taken that step.
I wanted a suppressor that was accurate as well and I can say I have been able to get several groups under a 1/4 inch in all my different guns with the same can.
I have been very happy with it and would strongly recommend them. Is there other ones out there as good? Don’t know I haven’t tried them just been to happy with the one I have..

Not sure if you've already ordered but I can say from personal experience just order a TBAC of your choice. Also I agree you should get money together and order a TBAC 22 Takedown as well, they're just great.

I finally bit the bullet on this as well and got the ultra 9 and takedown 22, they just work so awesome on everyone else's rifles I see.

Reactions: EnXCess and cro789
@Zak Smith Would you recommend your Ultra 9 or Ultra 7 for a 6.5C SR25?

Also, would you go .30 or 6.5 bore?

I read where you folks say the 6.5 bore will be more quiet by a couple of decibels, is this really noticeable behind the gun? Is the added utility of having .30 capability worth the slightly louder performance?