• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thunder Valley ELR match yesterday??

It was fun...we all got humbled. The initial cold of the morning and the wind made it interesting. I believe the winner had 8 hits out of 25. It was a great day with great people and some serious talent showed up. Many people took pictures and recorded the scores....maybe someone will stop by and post some stuff.

Reactions: MACHTECH
It was fun...we all got humbled. The initial cold of the morning and the wind made it interesting. I believe the winner had 8 hits out of 25. It was a great day with great people and some serious talent showed up. Many people took pictures and recorded the scores....maybe someone will stop by and post some stuff.
What was the winning caliber used

What was the winning caliber used

No clue...I'm not very much help....heh...I just showed up...slung some lead down range....stuffed my face with french fries and talked a lot. I've been trying to find someone that has the scores and all.

I shot that match with b2lee. It was a tie for first place between two guys with 80 points (a hit on steel or paper was worth ten points and the group size on paper was only used as a tiebreaker). Neither of them had any hits on steel at one mile and only three guys had any hits at 2236 yards—it was a really tough day with strong and rapidly changing winds. I think the overall winner was shooting a custom .416 Barrett if he’s the one I’m thinking of, but I may have gotten two guys confused. Sorry. I will say we didn’t see a huge correlation between cartridge and performance, with a big spread from .300 PRC to .416 Barrett.

I will post a link to my photos here once I get them edited.

Reactions: b2lee and bunsen27
I believe Tony Kahn won the event and was shooting a 375
Randy and Aaron had a little shoot off fun between them to break a tie and used Randy’s custom 223 handgun at a mile to see who could hit the target first in which was Aaron.

Cheers
Oneshot.onehit
JH

Reactions: b2lee
Thanks @phlegethon some great photos of my camo'd 300PRC. I can't wait for the next event...maybe I'll have my new barrel by then....maybe.

Great photos, Tom really has that place looking good.