• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thunder Valley Precision 6XC

srt_1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2008
Steubenville, OH
My newest build by Tom Sarver at Thunder Valley Precision.
TVP 6XC in AICS AX Chassis fitted with a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22X50.
Shooting Berger 105's with Norma brass and 37.5gr H4539 powder.

As expected, my day at Thunder Valley was nothing less than full of high winds and rain. However, that did not stop shooters from showing up and taking part in the open range day.

Today, I was to zero and break in the TVP 6XC. The rifle did not disappoint! First, the 6XC was bore sighted at 100 yards, then a 5 round group is all it took to have a good zero.

With the help of Tom, I was able to get good dope out to 1000 yards. Pushing 105gr Bergers with 37.5 grains of H4530 the rifle performed better than expected. One shot, one hit…..from 200 to 1000 yards…with the fog setting in and the rain heavy at times, there was nothing that was going to stop the 6XC from finding its target.

The 6XC is and exceptional build and Tom out did himself with this build.. The OD green and Black accents make this rifle a one of a kind. Appearance and performance is outstanding. After playing with some different loads and tuning the rifle in….I will be looking forward to the Intimidator and the Headhunter course.

ResizedImage951355013247118.jpg

ResizedImage951355013144594.jpg

6XC1.jpg

6XC.jpg

Me6XC.jpg

Re: Thunder Valley Precision 6XC

Nice gun, maybe we'll be seeing you down at Rayners next summer also?

Topstrap

Any pictures from down range?

This rifle is sweet!! watching the guys shoot this thing today it recoils like a .22! color scheme is very cool!

The barrel length is 28 inchs...as soon as I get some ammo loaded up, I'll get some down range photos and a better range report.

I've never been to Rayner's, so I just may have to make a trip there this summer.

The suppressor in the photo is a shark suppressor. Borrowed from Tom, but I will have my own by spring.
It was 10.5 minutes to 600 yards and I was at 24 minutes at 1000 yards. After next week, we'll have the rifle tuned in and I'll be able to get my exact dope.

Nice rifle. Looks great. Almost had my 6x47 Lapua built in that configuration. If that rifle shoots like the rest of rifles Tom has built,you should be happy. He does excellent work.

van

Nice rifle!

Definitely heard you ringing the steel on Saturday while I waited out the rain in the van...

6XC is really coming on strong. Great choice for caliber.